08. Unknown Number

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭?

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝?"

After you had made it back to your apartment, you had immediately fallen asleep. It wasn't until your phone kept ringing in the early afternoon until you woke up. You rubbed your temples as you let out a wince of the sunlight that was currently beaming through the window of your bedroom, as you had forgotten to shut the curtains the night before.

Without looking, you attempt to grab your phone from your nighstand, wanting the obnoxiously loud ringing to stop. After almost knocking over a lamp, you finally get a hold of it, and it takes a few seconds before your brain is able to focus enough to read the name on your screen.

"Fucking hell, Emily. It's so early." You cursed after you accepted the call, your best friend's concerned face popping up on your screen. "It's almost one, that is definitely not early. I waited this long to call you for your own sake, so don't give me shit about that." She shook her head, and something in her voice sounded accusing, scaring you a bit.

As you continued to rub your temples, you let a small sigh slip. "Sorry, you're right." You quickly gave in as you didn't feel like having an argument with her right as you woke up. "Where were you last night? Where did you go? Why did you go?" The dark-haired girl asked question after question as your brain was trying its absolute hardest to wake up.

"I told you, I was tired. Sorry for leaving you by yourself." You apologised as you figured that was why she was upset. Even though you had wanted to go with her, you left her there with her friends right after your kiss with Bella. Fuck, that really happened. It suddenly seemed to process in your mind as you zoned out, thinking back to the conversation that led up to the kiss, but also the way they had held your hand on your way back to the rest.

Not to forget the smile they gave you as you left, because only that had already been enough to make your heart race. "Bullshit." Emily shook her head as she looked at the screen with a disappointed expression on her face. "I don't care that you left me with my friends, I care about why you left." The brunette let out a sigh as her gaze turned calmer. Your name fell from her mouth in an almost begging way, causing your stomach to twirl as the lies started to get to you.

You wanted nothing more but to give in, and tell your best friend why you had been acting the way you had. "Whatever has been going on with you, please just tell me." The tone of her voice almost made you tear up, as you hadn't heard her act this way for months. You were about to speak up before you were interrupted by the dark-haired girl.