Epilogue

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Bella asked for the millionth time that morning, while the two of you were standing on the balcony of your apartment. "It's a little too late to turn back now." You teased them, letting out a chuckle as you shook your head softly.

The way they were still so nervous about everything made you feel a lot less alone in your thoughts, and managed to reassure you that it was normal and more than okay to feel a sense of anxiety every time your brain reminded you of what you were about to do.

It was a big step for the both of you, but with Bella by your side, you felt more ready than you would probably ever be. When you noticed that they were fiddling with their hands, your hand almost immediately found their way to Bella's cheeks. "Hey." You half-whispered, gently resting your forehead against theirs.

This seemingly caught their attention, the brunette now only having eyes for you as the two of you made eye contact. "I just don't want you to feel like I'm pressuring you into coming with me." They admitted, softly shaking their head as they did.

Hearing this from them caused you to let out a small sigh, not wanting them to feel insecure about what you guys were doing. "I want nothing more than to come with you." A smile appeared on your face as you admitted this, because it was the first time you had told this specific truth out loud.

The small frown that had made its way to Bella's face slowly faded, a genuine smile taking its place. Before they could say anything, you closed the already small gap between the two of you, kissing their lips softly as your hands continued to hold their head.

Bella now immediately reciprocated the kiss, their hands finding their way to your lower back in an instant, as if it were a habit. You would be lying if you said it didn't feel like a habit after the amount of times the two of you had shared a kiss, but you didn't think you would ever fully get used to it. 

The feeling of their lips on yours was something you wanted to savour forever. It was an unmatchable feeling only they had managed to give you. After the two of you broke apart, Bella was quick to rest their forehead against yours again, indirectly letting you know they weren't quite ready to let go of the moment yet, which caused an even bigger smile to appear on your face.

It felt almost impossible not to lean in again, so you did. This time, the kiss was even softer, and you could tell Bella wanted to make it last for as long as possible. It wasn't until the two of you were interrupted by a honking car, presumably Emily's.

You laughed when your eyes made their way over to the familiar vehicle, causing the brunette who was still holding you to let out a soft chuckle. "Guess we have to go." They shook their head softly, a wide grin spread on their face as their eyes remained on you.