04. Cigarette

"'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐞

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞"

Even though you hadn't checked your social media in months, it had become hard to resist in the past few days. There was something about embarrassing yourself in front of possibly millions of people that made you want to check your socials. Since you had dealt with these screaming urges before, it became easier to manage them as time went on.

When you landed back in America this morning, you were so tired you swore you would never open your eyes again if you went and took a nap, and promised Sofia that taking a few cups of coffee would do more for you, but the second you landed on your hotel bed, your eyes instantly closed.

It wasn't until late in the afternoon when your stylist woke you up from your long nap. All groggy and tired, your gaze traveled through the hotel room, trying to find out exactly where you were and what you were there for, as everything seemed foggy for a few seconds. "The makeup and hair people are going to get here in about fifteen minutes, I thought I'd wake you in time." The short woman explained to you, a soft smile on her face.

You passed her a grateful nod combined with a smile, giving her the okay to go back to whatever she was busy doing. Within a matter of seconds, you got on your feet and managed to make your way over to the bathroom to see what type of physical situation you were dealing with. To your surprise, it barely looked like you had napped, as the only noticeable difference was the mess your hair had become in only a few hours time.

As you pulled a hairbrush through your hair, a big part of you felt glad that you had been asleep for most of today, as there was no use in stressing more about tonight. It was your absolute biggest fear for it to turn out like the Golden Globes, and you wanted to do anything and everything you could to prevent that from happening. No drinks, is something you promised yourself as you checked your reflection in the bathroom mirror one last time before stepping back into the main room of the hotel room.

After texting back a few of your friends and colleagues who were wishing you a good night, and told you they were proud of you, you put in your airpods and picked an audiobook you had started listening to on the plane. As much as you despised yourself for it, you really couldn't handle more social interaction right now, since that was probably the only thing you were going to be doing tonight.

Even though you managed to bail the last after party, you had been practically forced to attend this one, as it was hosted by HBO, aka the network you owned your entire career to. Sofia has also warned you about it a few days ago over text, saying this party was going to be quite a big deal, and that even though you wanted to remain unseen for the most part, this was something you were going to have to attend.