05. Gentleman

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐈, 𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞"

The second you landed back in your home country, you were immediately met with the infamous British crowd, a Sainsbury's on your left as you speed walked your way out of the airport, the large amount of people making you feel anxious. Being back in England after award season felt more comforting then you could ever expect it to, and you were more than glad to finally go back home to your apartment.

For the next few days, you had absolutely nothing planned. This was done on purpose, giving you both the time and space you needed to recharge from everything. You weren't surprised when you woke up the morning after the Critics with all the memories from the night before still fresh inside of your brain. It was worth it though, because you didn't even feel the need to take an aspirin as you opened the curtains of your hotel room.

This time, you didn't let Emily know when and where to pick you up, as you didn't want to bother her with yet another early morning. Even though you hadn't managed to catch a lot of sleep during your flight, you felt energised. There was something so fulfilling about being back in the country you loved most, as cliché and overdramatic as it sounded.

The one thing you hadn't managed to talk your way out of, was to grab drinks with Emily later tonight, but a part of you was looking forward to it, as there was so much you wanted to tell your best friend about. It was hard to figure out how much you could tell her without giving away the fact that Bella and you spoke again, but you were willing to tell her as much as you could.

A small part of you hoped you were going to get drunk, causing you to spill all of the information you had held from her in the past few weeks. It felt weird to keep things from Emily, and it made you feel terrible knowing she could most likely tell there was something you weren't being open about to her. She could always tell.

The fact that she hadn't full on interrogated you about it, surprised you. Emily usually wasn't a particularly nosy type of person, but she absolutely was when it came to you. There was just some unspoken oath you both took to tell the other person about everything you went through.

When your Uber finally arrived, you didn't even bother to take of your headphones while greeting the man who was supposed to take you to your apartment. Even though you were mentally energised, your body was more tired than ever before. You spent your ride home staring out of the window while blasting songs, having your own main character moment as you felt the car come to a stop.