06. Messy

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐮𝐬

𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭"

Over the last few days, you had filmed over ten selftapes. It was weird, since you hadn't had to record anything at home like that since you got the part in House of the Dragon. At that time, you had also figured that everything would come easy after that role, but nothing was less true. Sure, there had been offers after the show aired, but those were mostly for lame commercials, or for student short films that definitely weren't going to pay for your rent.

As it was your absolute nightmare to move back in with your parents, you had to get back on your feet and look for a job. This was much harder than it seemed, and you found yourself often being picky in the roles you wanted, something you couldn't really afford to be. February had arrived much sooner than you expected, and before you knew it you had gone through at least half of your savings.

You didn't want to have to fall back on the limited money you had, and so you began contacting your agent again. Luckily, she was an absolute angel and understood the urgency of the matter. Within two days, the woman had found over fifteen projects for you to audition for. Some of them went beyond your boundaries, leaving you with ten.

To be honest, you had a pretty good feeling about a few of them. A part of you was even excited about the future of your career, despite being absolutely terrified of change and meeting new people. You knew that to remain in the industry, you had to fight for what you wanted, and so you did. At one point, Emily even joked about the two of you working in a Tesco for time being, but the thought of either of you in those awfully blue shirts cracked you up.

There was no way in hell you were going to give up this life. After the Emmy win, you quite honestly felt unstopable, and more than ready to start a new adventure. It could take a few days before any of the producers actually got back to you, and this left you with a lot of spare time, once again. After reading more books than you had in the past years, it started to bore you.

The pure silence that often filled your apartment almost made you miss your parents, which was the worst feeling you had ever experienced in your life. You were currently seated on your bed, scrolling through TikTok carelessly, wasting your time. This slightly peaceful part of your day was interrupted when you got an incoming face time call from Emily.

"I need to ask you something." She said as she popped up on your screen, it looked like she was sitting on her couch most likely reading a book. "Hit me." You straightened your posture as you looked at the screen with patience. "I know it's super last minute, but one of my friends is hosting his birthday party tonight. It would like mean the world to me if you came with. I've been dreading it all week." The dark-haired girl let out a sigh, and you could tell how tired she was just by looking at her through a screen.