03. Movie night

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭?

𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝?"

After a few days of doing absolutely nothing, it was time for the so-called movie night Emily had invited you to. The only thing you had left the comfort of your apartment for was the grocery store, and even that was only for a short amount of time. You felt the need to recharge from the flight, as well as just take some time for yourself.

Emily had reassured you it was just a small get together, as big groups usually weren't your thing, and you preferred one on one contact. Hesitantly, you got into your car in a comfortable outfit, not planning on anything too fancy as it was just a bunch of friends sitting down to watch a movie, nothing more. 

Without looking back and letting your thoughts drift any further, you went along and made your way to Emily's apartment. Even though this was going to be a new experience for you, you were glad that it was being held in a comfortable and familiar place. You had spent countless of days and nights there, almost making it your second home.

You couldn't think of any other place besides your own room where you had felt that much like yourself before, and were very grateful that it even existed in the first place. The safe space that Emily's apartment had become for you, was mainly such a comforting place because of her. She had stood by you through so much, and has seen you at your worst as well as your best. It just felt as if the two of you were tied together in your own special way.

A part of you felt excited as you neared her apartment, driving on a road you had driven on almost a thousand times before. The nerves started to dip as you sang along to the song you were currently blasting in your car. Music always managed to find its way to soothe you, even when you were close to a breakdown.

Several unfamiliar cars were parked in front of the apartment complex, causing those washed away nerves to come right back to you as you got out of your car. For one of the very first times ever, you chose to ride the elevator instead of taking the stairs, afraid the shake in your legs would cause you to fall. This was something that often happened to you, the shake at least. It was something you had had for as long as you could remember, sometimes during times that weren't even that scary, like right now.

No chatter could be heard on your way to the right apartment, the silence causing your head to fill up with thoughts as you knocked on the door. After a few seconds of waiting, a smiling Emily opened up the door for you, immediately pulling you in for a hug while calling out your name full of excitement. "You made it!" She said, almost as if she was expecting you to bail.