02. Hangover

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧' 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧' 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐭"

After drinking at least two bottles of water at your table, you had finally managed to sober up a bit. The awards were being handed out every few minutes, but you weren't really paying attention as it was hard to focus with all the liquor you had in your system. When the lights finally cut back on, and the break was announced, the effect onofthe blinding lights instantly gave you a headache, causing you to rub your forehead out of pain.

Emma had been focusing on the main stage all night, not even nearly as drunk as you. When everyone began standing up to go do whatever they needed to, your co-star got a good luck at the state you, including your dress. "What happened?" They frowned as their eyes met yours after landing on the stain. "Someone bumped into me." You wanted to play it off as cool, but the anger began to rise again as you remembered the way they obliviously smiled at you while you were accepting the award your show had won.

"You alright?" They asked in a concerned manner, their eyebrows still furrowed. "Yeah, no. It's fine now." You quickly brushed it off before taking another sip of your water. The tense expression on their face seemed to fade a bit as they took a sip of their own water bottle. "There are so many people out here I want to meet." Emma began talking, very excited about the entire night. 

Surprisingly, you took a lot of interest in this as you fully readjusted yourself in your seat to face your co-star fully. "Who?" It seemed as if your way of speech was decreasing because of the alcohol, leading you to say as little as possible. "Well I'd absolutely love to chat with Greta Lee and Florence Pugh. Oh my gosh, did you see Pedro Pascal? I'm actually pretty sure I could get someone to introduce me to him." They rambled, very overhelmed by everything and everyone. "And who is that?" You frowned as you listened to their soothing voice, barely able to keep your eyes open as the liquor was starting to make you feel tired.

"I did an interview with Bella Ramsey a few months back, and they're like co-stars with Pedro." They explained to you, their excitement spread all over their face. You tried to picture this actor Emma was talking about, but came up blank as thinking of anything felt like too much for you right now. "Do you think it'd be terrible for me to go back to my hotel room right after we get the pictures over with?" You unknowingly changed the subject, tilting your head while trying to ask yourself the same question. "In your state? Honey I'd rather have you bail than make yourself even more misserable. Do whatever feels right." They reassured you, making you feel slightly better as you grabbed a hold of the water bottle, taking another sip as the headache seemed to cool down a bit.