13. Commit

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥"

"I forgot to tell you something." You remembered as you repositioned yourself on your bed, now leaning on your back as your phone was carefully placed next to your ear. Both of your hands supported your head while you looked up at the ceiling, a soft smile on your face as you recalled the amazing news you had forgotten to share with Bella.

The two of you had been on the phone for at least two hours now, the conversation never running dry as you continuously found a new subject to ramble about over and over again. "Oh yeah?" A soft chuckle could be heard from the other side of the line, causing your grin to grow even wider.

You found your cheeks heating up, which felt stupid as they weren't even able to see you right now. "I got this part in a film." You said nonchalantly, pretending as if you didn't spend at least ten minutes jumping and dancing around your room, call Emily with tears in your eyes, and spend over an hour telling her how excited you were about it.

A soft chuckle could be heard from the other side of the phone, causing your cheeks to grow even hotter as you continued staring up at the ceiling. "I'm proud of you." Their soft voice told you, leaving you with butterflies traveling all throughout your stomach.

Even though you wanted to resist it, you couldn't help but let out a soft form of laughter as you audibly heard them appreciate you. "I start filming in like a week, it's all so soon." You shook your head with a smile on your face, still not having fully processed the news.

This caused a short period of silence to form, which made you frown. You had no idea as to why the conversation had suddenly gone quiet. "Bella?" You called out, hoping they would wake up from whatever daydream they were stuck in, but that didn't happen.

Instead of yet another positive reply, the brunette turned serious out of nowhere. "What are we?" A genuine, but hard question came from the other side of the phone, causing the soft smile that still remained on your face to fade, the nerves beginning to build up as you thought of an appropriate response to a question this big.

"What are we to you?" You asked back, knowing it was not what they wanted to hear. To put a lable on what Bella and you had been doing for the past weeks. When the other line remained quiet, you spoke up again. "Because we're not just a fling." You let out, a soft sigh escaping your mouth as you dreaded whatever was about to come.

To your surprise, silence was not all that awaited you when you said this. "I know." Bella half-whispered, no detectable emotion in their tone. "I've done flings and situationships, and this is not that." The sigh was longer and louder now, but you doubted it was audible for them as you closed your eyes, your hands still supporting your head as you laid on your bed.