XXX. All roads

Summary: All roads lead to Harrenhal

Pairings: main Harwin Strong x Fem!Targaryen reader

Warnings: cursing, medieval and A song of ice and Fire AU customs, injury, burns, dragon fire, death, violence, armies, death, war and all that comes with it. Might miss some warnings but you know what this is about :)

+18, MINORS DNI

Soft snow fell over Winterfell, for the Strong children, their favorite new thing, catching snowflakes with their tongues and being the first one to walk over a new trail of that sugary looking powder

Sarra, who had been accompanying them and taking care of them, had an embroidery lesson, so she sent one of her ladies with the children as they played in the Godswood, the safest place in all of Winterfell.

The kids were in the middle of a snow war, running and giggling all around the trees. The Lady had surrendered already, sitting by the entrance to the Goodswood, waiting patiently as she read.

The kids ran, and played, throwing snowballs and giggling. Saera, two years older, took the lead, running faster than her baby brother. She looked back to see if he was following her, so she didn't pay attention to where she was going, until she crashed into something... or someone.

When Saera looked up with those big purple eyes of hers, she met with only one in turn. Aemond was looking down at her with severity.

"Uncle Aemond?", she asked, "what are you doing here?", she smiled at him, with a toothless smile, and her bright eyes, "do you want to play with us?", she asked.

But Aemond didn't answer, he just looked at the little girl with a dead expression in his eye, and a thin line as his lips

"Uncle?"

Aemond woke up panting, his heart beating out of his chest. Why did he dream about his nephews? how? why? it felt so real... he had never been in the north, but somehow he knew perfectly well where he was.

His baby nephews...

"Where are Saera and Vaegor?", Aemond asked hours later, as a servant was fixing his armor. Larys shook his head. He had the Strong summoned that morning, as he was preparing himself to march on Harrenhal

"They are not in Harrenhal", he said with that unsettling smile

"They could be in Dragonstone", he whispered

"I believe my sister by law took measures to protect them", he said, "birds told me they saw the children riding north with the twins...", Aemond's breath got caught in his throat. "May I ask why do you care about their whereabouts?", he asked. But Aemond didn't answer. The truth was that he didn't truly wanted to murder his baby nephews, they were innocent, if things went terribly wrong in Harrenhal, he wouldn't want them to be left alone, at the end of the day, they just might be all he had left of his extended family.