XXXVI. The man of Gold

Summary: You were looking for the treasures, your children, and Steffon was looking for the Realms'

Pairings: main Harwin Strong x Fem!Targaryen reader

Warnings: cursing, medieval and A song of ice and Fire AU customs, injury, burns, dragon fire, death, violence, armies, death, war and all that comes with it. Might miss some warnings but you know what this is about :) +18, MINORS DNI

Notes: I met a guy in High school in the US (I was an exchange student), his last name was Mangold, and when he introduced himself to me, he said, "you know... Mangold, like Man of gold" HAHAAAAA so Steffon, his last name at least, is inspired by him! the coldest introduction someone has given me! hahaha, well... enjoy!

"look at me!", demanded Cregan, cradling your face with his big hands, making you look at him, "they are with Sarra, they are going to be alright, she knows the Wolf's woods better than anyone, better than me", he assured you, but nothing could ma...

"look at me!", demanded Cregan, cradling your face with his big hands, making you look at him, "they are with Sarra, they are going to be alright, she knows the Wolf's woods better than anyone, better than me", he assured you, but nothing could make you feel better

"Maybe he's got them, maybe Aegon...", he shook his head

"He doesn't, people saw him flying away, alone, your kids, and my daughter, are going to be alright", he said firmly and you believed him, you had to.

The North was huge, where to begin to search for them?

"They are children with a dragon, they couldn't have gone far, I will send riders in every direction", he assured you, looking at the maester that nodded and ran to fulfill the order. "we will get them back, the entire North is their ally, you understand?", and you nodded, "someone, soon, will send word of their location, I have no doubts"

"I need to go look for them", Vhaelar roared, and as you turned towards her again, she breathed fire over her dragonling's body, giving him a true Valyrian funeral.

When Vhagar bit her arm, you felt it, when Vhaelar saw Vhagar chasing Aerion, another of her dragonlings, you felt it even stronger

But now?, you felt a burning rage intensifying from your own insides, near your chest, it was her, your dragon, she wanted to crush Sunfyre's skull amongst her jaws, she wanted to avenge Greywind, of only 6 years old. He hasn't even bonded with Vaegor yet.

She arranged herself to let you climb up, and you did, you needed to find them. From the air it was your best bet.

You flew over the Wolf's wood towards the west, looking carefully down, and Vhaelar field slowly, letting the cold air lead her through the skies, close to the treetops. Still you couldn't see them.

You flew for hours on end, and you were growing desperate.

When you returned to Winterfell at night, there was no news, as as the cold night freezed you to your bones... you were even more scared for them

Yes, they might be with Sarra, but what if they weren't?

They were out there, cold and scared, far from you