𝟎𝟒. The day after a relapse

1010 words
T.W. Blood, crying, talking about suicide.

Matt wakes up from a loud
scream echoing through the house. Matt's eyes shoot open in confusion. He looks up to see Nick watching over him and keeping him in his hold. The door flies open. "Nick where the fuck is Matt?!" He hears Chris yell. Matt instantly sits up and Nick's eyes also slowly open. "I'm right here Chris calm down!" Matt yells desperately. He feels Nick putting a hand on his shoulder and rubbing it.

"Why the fuck is the bathroom covered in blood?!" Chris's fearful voice echoes through the house. He just went to the bathroom to pee when there was blood all over the floor and sink with razorblades spread over the ground. Chris's mind immediately snapped to Matt and ran to his room only to find an empty bed.

"Matt, I thought-" Matt's eyes start to tear up and it doesn't take long until he has tears dripping down his face.
"Chris go to the kitchen." Nick says. Chris hesitates but seeing Nicks face he heads to the kitchen without protest.

When they're alone Nick immediately wraps his arms around Matt who starts to aggressively sob into his chest. "Shh it's okay buddy, you'll be fine." Nick soothes while rubbing Matt's back. When Matt is calmed down a little Nick pulls back from the hug and gently wipes the tears from Matt's cheeks. Matt is about to say something when Nick interrupts him. "It's okay Matty I'm going to talk to him okay? It's gonna be fine." Matt nods and watches Nick disappear into the hallway.

He lets out a shaky sigh and falls back down onto the bed.

With Nick and Chris
——————————

Tears stream down Chris's face while Nick tries to explain what had happened. "Nick you should've fucking called me! Or even texted me!" Chris exclaims while stepping closer to Nick. "Chris you need to fucking calm down, okay? I was busy taking care of our brother!" Nick argues as he puts a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Nick- you don't understand I was scared to death I thought he- I thought he was dead!"

Nicks mind snaps to the realization of Chris's thoughts. He thought Matt killed himself.. "Chris.." Nick's voice breaks and he takes another step closer to Chris who is sobbing softly now. He takes one hand and uses it to push Chris in his own chest while shushing him softly and rocking him back and forth while he sobs.

"I'm sorry Chris I should've filled you in.." Nick apologizes while pulling back from the hug. Chris smiles weakly. "No it's okay I overreacted I shouldn't have yelled at you." Nick laughs through his tears and looks his brother in the eyes.

"You know that's not true Chris, I would've reacted the same."
Chris smiles now too. "Yeah but that's because you're a paranoid idiot." They exchange a smile and Nick pulls Chris in for a hug again before returning to Matt.

The door opens and Matt instantly shoots up and starts sobbing. "Chris.." Chris doesn't hesitate and rushes to Matt's side to pull him into a hug which Matt gladly accepts. "I'm sorry Chris is didn't mean to, I really didn't.." Matt cries while leaning into Chris's touch.

"It's okay buddy you're good." Chris says softly while striking Matt's hair out of his wet face. "I understand Matty." He soothes. Matt calms down after a few minutes and they finally pull away from each other. Chris looks at Matt as he smiles. "You wanna watch movies on the couch with us?" Matt laughs and nods. He accepts Chris's hand and they all move to the couch for the rest of the day.

When Nick puts a glass of water on the coffee table he hesitates. "I'm going to clean up the blood in the bathroom I think.." Matt and Chris's eyes both flick up to Nick's.

"Nick come on, I can do that it's my blood you don't have to. I should've realized it earlier I'll go do it now and then we can watch movies after-" Matt immediately starts to get up but gets held down by Chris. "Matt your not going to clean the blood up honey." Nick tells him in a very firm voice. "Yeah I agree." Chris says. "But Nick are you sure? I can do it too I know how much you hate blood.."

"No Chris it's fine you've already been traumatized enough. Just start a movie and relax, alright? I'll be there soon don't worry."

Chris hesitates but decides to agree. "Alright." And just like that Nick had disappeared into the bathroom with an unreal amount of cleaning supplies.

Chris grabs a blanket and throws it over them. As they pick out a movie Chris allows Matt to carefully snuggle closer to him. Matt is a little scared to get closer to Chris since he didn't want to annoy him. Chris notices and puts an arm around Matt, pulling him closer. Matt gladly snuggles up to Chris and rests his head on his chest while allowing Chris to rub his back softly.

When 15 minutes into the movie Chris feels Matt starting to stiffen up a bit. He starts biting his nails and turning. When Chris catches Matt pinching his stomach he reaches out for Matt's hand and takes it away from his belly. "What's wrong Matty?" Chris asks, worry lacing through his voice.

"I don't know, probably nothing forget about it.." Matt sighs while putting his attention on the movie again. Chris gives Matt another shoulder rub and can't help but notice Matt immediately relaxed a little after the physical touch Chris gave him.

Chris takes his hand away from Matt's shoulder and decides to massage Matt's scalp gently. He sees Matt closing his eyes and relaxing his body slowly. Chris continues to massage Matt's scalp until he realized Matt fell asleep. Chris smiles and lets his head fall backwards.

Not long after Nick comes in again and joins the two sleeping boys on the couch.