𝟏𝟑. Healing

1600 words

T.W. hallucinations, crying, fluff, mention of blood, mention of self harm, mention of abuse, wounds.

——————————————

Matt stumbles out of the car and leans on the side of it while opening their trunk and trying to grab some stuff when he feels a hand on his shoulder. He flinches slightly and turns around to face Nick who looks him in the eyes worriedly. "We'll handle the bagage Matt, let's get inside first." Matt hesitates but nods and allows Nick to help him inside. His whole body hurts, he's sore from sitting still for so long so that makes it worse.

When they're finally inside Nick sits Matt down on the couch and walks to the fridge to get him some water. "What do you wanna do Matt? Go to your room, watch a movie? I can make food, or if you want to shower first, do you want me to fill your bath?" Nick asks worriedly. Matt shrugs, "I don't know." He says while slowly leaning back on the couch. Nick gives Matt a sympathetic smile and puts a glass of water on the table.

"Is it okay if I go help Chris?" Matt nods. "You sure?" Matt nods again. Nick hesitates, "I'll be back soon okay?" He says while leaving through the front door.

Less than ten minutes later Chris and Nick have brought all the bags inside.

"Alright Matt." Chris brings out while sitting down next to his brother on the couch and wrapping an arm around his shoulder, pulling him close. Nick takes a moment to observe his brothers. Chris looks gross and exhausted while Matt looks destroyed. Tear burns covered his face, his hair is greasy and dirty, bruises are starting to get infected and plaster/bandages, are peeling off. He's surprised the airport allowed them on the plane. He watches as Matt desperately leans into Chris's touch while closing his eyes, enjoying the younger massaging his scalp.

"I'm going to fill a bath." Nick says. He doesn't wait for an answer and just walks away but he can hear an "okay" from Chris behind him. These wounds need to be cleaned and Matt also really needs it, so he warms the bath on a nice temperature and waits till it's filled.

Back with Chris and Matt. Matt is a wreck and has no other desire than just simply being held. So Chris gladly does that. He holds Matt tight and lets him lean into his chest while giving him a head massage. "Take deep breaths bub." Chris says when he notices Matt's breathing being unsteady. So they take some deep breaths together while waiting for Nick's return.

After twenty minutes Nick enters the room again. He smiles at seeing his two brothers holding each other on the couch, just like they were when he left. When Chris sees him he smiles back and pulls Matt from the couch. "Lets get you in a nice bath okay?" Chris grunts while supporting Matt to his bathroom.

They put Matt in the bath and Nick, once again takes care of his wounds while Chris comforts the boy and guides him through the pain of alcohol stinging on his skin and water creeping in his wounds.

It may seem weird to you that Matt's brother's are helping him bathe, but keep in mind that Matt is hurt and Chris and Nick know as soon as they'll leave him alone he will freak out. Plus they came from the same womb so it's not that weird.

When halfway through the bathing session Matt suddenly sees someone standing at the door. He thinks, Nick is right in front of me and Chris is holding me. Who the fuck is that? And then he realizes. His father is standing at the door. Blood dripping from his nose and an evil grin printed on his face. Matt's breathing starts to pick up, oxygen starts to slowly get thinner. "N'ck, Nick!" Matt gasps. He feels Chris holding him closer and Nick grabbing his hand. "Matt, what is it sweetie? What's wrong?" Nick questions. He realizes Matt is looking at something so he turns around but there's nothing out of place.