𝟑𝟐. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅

Hellow!

This is the last chapter.
I didn't mean for it to be because I planned on having one more chapter out after this one but then I decided not to do that because I don't want a shitty last chapter.

So we can probably all remember what the ending was in my other book..
Yeah, uhm, don't worry. Nobody dies today.

T.W. mother Nick, fluff, End of book.

Go read the epilogue after this!

———————————————
𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔
𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓
𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆.
———————————————

Matt was done, he doesn't want this pain anymore. He hates his life, he hates everything in it. All he wants is for it to end. All he wants is to let go of this life, and to escape from the cruelty of the world. Every time he closes his eyes he's back in that room, he can't handle it anymore, he really can't. Hallucinations have been getting to him, torturing him. Just like nightmares, tormenting him until he has no energy in his body anymore. He wants to end it so bad.

But for the first time, he doesn't give in to it.
Matt walks out of his bathroom and back to the couch where he sat with his brothers before he said he needed to use the bathroom.
His brothers who are probably the only people he doesn't hate in this world. His brothers who would do anything to protect him. He walks to the couch but doesn't return to the comfortable spot with Chris he was before. Instead, the boy walks to his older brother Nick. And lets his body fall on top of the elder. Nick is surprised but still accepts him and throws his arms over the boy that is lying fully on top of him, rubbing his back for a second. "Hey bub." Nick brings out, soft smile audible in his voice.

Matt loves the comforting company of Nick. He has always radiated this protection and gentleness. Something about Nick  gives him that feeling of a mother taking care of you, the amount of selflessness and care he gives makes him believe nothing will hurt him ever again. Purely because of the presence of his protective older brother. The gentleness in his voice like warm arms wrapping around his heart. Being treated like thin glass that could shatter when you treat it too rough. But being protected like lions protect their cub, their baby.

He feels Nick rubbing soft circles over his back while resting his head against Matt's who has his head buried in his shoulder.

"I don't think I can do this anymore Nick." Matt says with a muffled voice. Nick isn't surprised at the statement, he knows how rough this has been for Matt.
"I know," he says with a gentle tone. "I know baby, but it's going to be okay. Just stay with us, we won't let anything happen to you." The elder rubs his head against Matt's thick brown hair, bringing his hand up to massage the younger's scalp. He feels Matt relax even further in his arms, sinking into the comforting warmth of Nick. He slowly starts to get sleepy, the exhaustion finally settling in and taking it's time to drift off to sleep.

"I love you Nicky.." the boy slurs, half asleep.

Nick slowly lifts his head to kiss the younger one the top of his head. "I know sweetheart, I love you too." He answers softly, affectionate smile brightening his face as he watches Matt drift off to a peaceful sleep.

———————————————
𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅, 𝒂𝒏𝒅
𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏.
———————————————