Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Dakota's POV

"I'll give a choice stay here and die or come with me. I can promise you won't suffer the abuse you have here" Damon says looking around the room.

"Anyone want to leave this hell hole?" there is nothing but silence. I want nothing more than to leave but by the looks Carver is throwing my way I'm too scared to do anything.

"I'll go with you!" Carter shouts and leaps to his feet. I wait for Carver to say something but he doesn't he merely shakes his head and looks away in disgust.

"I'll go too" Angelica says beside me and clambers to her feet. Frank lets out an inhumane roar and surges towards her only to be kicked in the back of the head by Eric.

"Thank you Eric that's one way of putting the dog down" Damon laughs.

Angelica turns towards me her eyes filling with tears.

"Come with us Dakota" she pleads.

"You walk out that door little one and your daughters are as good as dead and so are you" Carver spits and Eric hits him over the head with a chair. He falls to the ground and I hear a crack and watch as blood flows onto the marble floor creating a tiny river.

"He can't hurt you Dakota...please be strong and leave it's the only way" Angelica pleads once again.

I bite back a scream as I stand my lungs burning with the movement. Before I can reach them the breath is knocked out of me and a pair of lips slam onto mine.

 At first I think its Carver but this isn't a punishing kiss, it's a kiss full of desperation and Carver is never desperate. My attacker is pulled away from my by Eric. I look up and see Seth crying.

"I'll find you Dakota!" He says just before Eric cracks him over the head with an expensive looking vase.

"I'm coming with you!" Bridget shouts and runs to me. 

She puts her arms around my shoulders and helps me all the way over to the start of my new life.

Cruz goes to speak but Eric is quicker and smashes his face in with the TV remote.

After a few minutes we have Cindy, Ann, Ally, Mila, Rex, Cole, Myrtle, Lucien, Maggie, Chelcie and Daphne standing beside us ready to leave this place in the past.

Lise, Lisa and karl stand. Sherry lets out a heartbroken sob.

"Mum leave dad and come with us" Karl urges her.

"I can't I love your father" Sherry whispers.

"Mum there is no going back once I walk out that door I'm gone and so is Nina....you'll never see us again...please come with us mum!"

"I'm sorry" sherry cries and hangs her head.

"Right let's get this show on the road...follow me" Damon walks ahead and everyone follows him.

I try and take a step forward but nearly collapse from the searing pain in my lungs. Carter notices and sweeps me into his arms as if I weigh nothing. 

He carries me outside where there are about 6 black SUV's parked outside. Damon splits us up into groups and ushers to the car. Some of the women cry as they are reunited with their children. Mila hugs Josie close to her body and sobs into her daughters' hair. Karl hugs his sister Nina. I look over and see Alexa's sons Terry and Marcus comforting their little sister Shenae, Alexa decided to stay with Oscar even if it meant losing her children.

Carter puts me into the car and puts on my seat belt. Then he gets in the car followed by Angelica, Bridget and Cindy.

The car starts and we drive out of the driveway. I keep my eyes down on the seat trying to focus on the fact that I am now free and not the pain in my lungs.

I only look up when I hear a shockwave bang. The only thing I can see that is left of the mansion is thick black smoke rising up into the sky and blinding red flames engulfing the whole place.

This is it I am free.

I really am free now because Carver is dead, but how am I ever going to find my girls when my only hope of ever finding them has just went up in flames.

�������<�Zj3t�