Chapter 15

Their game

Chapter 15

I feel liquid travelling down my chest, down my forehead- seeping into my mouth, when the metallic tasting liquid  goes into my mouth I realise it’s not just any liquid it’s blood.

I wake in a panic. I’m hot and sweaty and the thin white sheet is sticking to my whole body. I rip the covers off me and begin to search my body for the blood that I can still taste in my mouth. Carefully I reach over and flick on the night light. I examine my body and scream when I see my whole body is covered in blood from head to toes. Blood drips from my hair onto the white sheet, blood soaks my nightgown colouring it red and my legs are plastered thick with blood.

I scream as loud as I can.

Carver jumps beside me tackling me to the ground. I hit the ground hard and Carver jumps away from me; obviously feeling the blood on my body. He runs and turns on the light then stops dead in his tracks looking at the wall above our bed.

I turn to see what he’s looking at and I scream again. The wall has been written on with a very dark red lipstick.

“Touch what’s mine again and next time that’ll be your daughter’s blood!”

Below the writing is a picture of a red rose with blood dripping from the petals.

Carver throws the night light at the wall and it shatters into a thousand pieces before my eyes, then he yells and grabs me. He pushes me into the bathroom. I can’t stop screaming not when someone’s threatening to kill my girls. Carver switches the shower on and then pushes me in whilst telling me he’s going check what time it is and get me some clean clothes.

The water is freezing, but I savour it and scrub my skin until the blood washes away down the drain. I hear the door opening and know that it’s Carver leaving me clean clothes.

I don’t get it who in the world would want to hurt my girls?

After showering and making sure my skin is glowing to perfection I change into the clothes Carver left for me, not surprising it’s yet another black dress. It matches the necklace that he gave me. I call the necklace “Carver’s black heart”.

When I’m dressed Carver grabs me and we are storming through the hall way.

We stop at a door I’ve never seen before, but then again I never even knew that this area of the house existed.

“Where are we Carver?” I ask but he doesn’t answer instead he kicks the door open revealing a dark haired beauty. She’s sitting on a bed her legs propped up, rubbing some kind of lotion on them and she’s looking at us with big blue eyes. The way she looks at me though there’s nothing innocent about, she looks like she’ll trample me with her red high heel stilettos.

Carver steps away from me and slaps her; she just smiles at him and peers up at him with her big blue eyes.

“If you ever do anything like again!” Carver stops leaving the threat hanging in the air.

The girl gets off the bed and comes closer to me; she looks me up and down then laughs.

“Really, Carver what is she like 17? OK I see why you’d want her.....youth, beauty and innocence....she has....everything....but she’s a little underdeveloped for you I would have thought”

“Who are you?” I ask and she merely laughs.

“How adorable the little one even talks...she’s like a toy that you can have fun with and when it’s broken you can just throw it away. My name’s Tiffany little one, Rolando’s daughter better known as Carver’s mistress”

“Tiffany there will be no more threats made to little one and you will clean my room!”

“I don’t understand Carver why do you have a mistress”

“How sweet...obviously little one he gets bored easily”

“Why not just make Tiffany your wife and let me go?” before I even know what’s hit me Carver slaps me hard making Tiffany laugh hysterically.

“Well little one I had an accident on a bike when I was little and can never have children”

“I’m sorry”

“Let’s go little one...Tiffany you’ll go straight to my room and begin cleaning...if we have another incident like this you’ll be sent back to your father do you understand?”

“I understand perfectly babe”

Carver leaves the room clearly satisfied with her answer.

“Oh little one...you’ve seen the movies the right....just remember something I was the first girl in Carver’s life and very soon I’ll be the only. So in fact hurry up and give birth to a son and then I can get rid of you....permanently”

She laughs and slams the door in my face and I scramble away as fast as my legs will carry me. If I have a son I’m as good as dead because Tiffany will kill me.