Prologue

Prologue

Dakota’s POV

I have always imagined what my wedding day would be like, standing beside Carver I feel my stomach turn Seth hold my daughters as insurance that I’ll behave. Cruz is waiting for me to say the words but I can’t seem to make them come out, it’s like they’re stuck in the deepest pits of my stomach and no way of getting them out. It feels like I’m not only betraying myself but the future man I love and will say these very words to.

“It’s very simple little one just two words....I do” Cruz says impatiently.

Destiny starts to cry and I go to move to get her but Carver is fast and pulls me back to his side.

“You’re not moving from here until you say the words little one”

“I....I...I can’t!” I shout and Carver nods at Seth. I nearly scream when Seth starts walking away with my babies tucked in his arms.

“Where are you taking them?” I call out to Seth but he doesn’t answer he just keeps walking.

“Please Carver.....Alright I do, I do, I do!”

“Thank the lord I thought we’d be here all day!” Cruz shouts and Carver shoots him a glare “I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride!”

Carver tugs me until I face him and then kisses me. I know this marriage isn’t real I’m not Carver’s real wife but to him I am and that’s all that matters in his eyes.

“Now girls will stay here and the boys and I will be going to have a little fun”

It’s only now that I notice that the room is packed full of unfamiliar faces except for 3 Ann, Angelica and Bridget. Angelica waves me towards her and I smile at her.

“Little one as punishment I’ll be taking the girls with me...you’ll learn to be a good wife” I look down at the black dress I’m wearing and say

“Yes Carver”

“Good girl and don’t worry I promise you’ll have your wedding night but not just yet”

Carver takes Desire into his arms and kisses the top of her head I knew she would be his favourite. It’s been a week since Chloe was dragged away from Caleb and a week since I gave birth to my beautiful daughters.

Once Carver has left the room Angelica grabs me and makes me sit in the middle of a crowd of girls, young and old.

“So I think some introductions are in order of course you already know me, Ann and Bridget but you don’t know the others so each of you say your name, age and tell her how you came here”

“Hi Dakota I’m Sherry, I’m 24, I have been here for 5 years the longest apart from Angelica she’s been here her whole life. I’m Bruce’s wife legally of course unlike some of you....I fell in love with Bruce but didn’t find out that he was in a gang until after the wedding and I have a daughter Nina she’s 4 and a adopted son Karl who’s 19 and Carver is helping him look for his girl”

I look at Sherry she has long straight red hair that reaches below her shoulders and brown eyes the colour of dirt. I’m still in shock how she can just talk about her son kidnapping a young girl to become his wife.

“Hi I’m Cindy, I’m 28 and I haven’t given....Oh I’m sorry how stupid of me I’m Parlo’s girl I have two brother in laws Noba and Theo and I haven’t given Parlo his boy yet so I could be dead soon.....I’m rambling sorry....I can’t remember how I was kidnapped only that I woke up in a strange room with Parlo” 

“It’s nice to meet you Cindy” I shake her hand and her blonde her bobs up and down on her head; I can see tears gathering in clear blue eyes.