Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Dakota’s POV

I’ve been looking at “the list” all day. Carver gave it to me early this morning told me to learn it and know everything on it before he came back. The list is all of the names and details of every single guy in the gang. I’m supposed to find all these guys wives, I mean who does Carver think I am the matchmaker?

I don’t care I’ll do anything to get my girls back and if it means sucking up to Carver I’ll do it.

I hear shouting downstairs and decide to investigate. Once I reach the foyer I wish I hadn’t come down. Seth and Warren are helping a bloody, unrecognisable man and a battered Carver through the foyer into Seth’s office. I hear Seth shout for help; Cruz and Frank rush forward and lift the man into his office. Seth takes a hankie from his white doctor’s coat and dabs his forehead with it. He looks up and notices me.

“Dakota come and help”

I freeze and he shouts my name even louder, knowing I have no choice I go to him. He grabs my arm and pulls me into his office; the unknown man is lying on the table with blood gushing from his chest. Cruz, Frank and Warren stand around the table.

Carver sits on another table on the opposite side with blood pouring out of his arm.

“Dakota I need you to help Carver, start with the knife wound on his arm....everything you need is on the tray”

“Wait I’m not a nurse I don’t know what to do!”

“You’ll do fine!”

He leaves me high and dry without knowing what I’m doing but I make my way over to Carver.

“Hello little one” Carver greets me giving me a cheeky grin.

“What happened?” I ask while picking up a needle and thread for Carver’s knife wound since he has already disinfected it himself.

“I won’t discuss gang business with you little one”

“Sorry....who’s on the other table?”

“Noba....he took a bullet for me” I swallow my fear and begin stitching the wound closed.

“He took a bullet for you?”

“Unlike you little one my guys are loyal to the fault”

“I told you truth but you chose not to believe it”

“Did you finish reading the list yet?”

“Seriously you’re sitting here bleeding and you want to talk about a stupid list”

“Little one” he warns and I finish stitching his arm and move onto the cuts on his face.

“Yes I finished it”

“Good”

Just as I’m about to finish, Carver grabs my hand and tugs me even closer to him. He takes the cotton wool from my hand and places a gentle kiss on it.

“I want to start again little one. A fresh start”

“Then bring my girls back”

“You know why I can’t do that little one but I promise you our girls are safe and while I can’t give you them back I can give you another baby”

“You want me to have another baby” I squeak.

“I get it now little one why you took birth control.....you’re scared but I won’t hurt you” he takes my chin in his hands and leans in just when were about to kiss a shout breaks me into reality.

“Noba’s dead!” Seth shouts then the door slams.