Chapter 1

Chapter 1

One year later

Dakota’s POV

I can hardly believe it has been a year since Carver brought me to this house and played his sadistic games with me, it’s Desire and Destiny’s very first birthday and the girls are busy helping me get everything ready for their very first birthday party. There has been one new addition to the house Chelcie had a baby boy 2 months ago called Noah and he is the spitting image of Gart.

“Dakota don’t worry the cake will be fine...sure it’s kind of lopped sided but their only one they won’t even notice” Angel tries to reassure me but looking at the cake I don’t feel so reassured, the cake looks like the leaning tower of piza proving once again that I cannot cook.

“Yeah Angel’s right the little monsters won’t be worried about that all they’ll see is the chocolate” Ann says 

“I know but I just want everything to be perfect”

Everything has been perfect so far waking up to my beautiful girls squealing mama and having them run away when I tickle them. It was so hard to convince Warren to get them the 2 teddy bears, but he eventually gave in. Desire got the pink one and Destiny got the purple.

Angelica helps me light the candles and then we go into the room. My two little babies are sitting holding their teddies and trying to help Chelcie out with Noah who is trying to sleep.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Desire and Destiny, happy birthday to you!” we all sing and my girls come running over to me.

I set the cake down on the table and take them into my arms and kiss their forehead.

“Happy Birthday my girls”

They giggle and I set them down in their seats while Liana cuts the cake. I watch as she carefully cuts my disaster of a cake and gives them a slice, their eyes light up at the sight and it pulls on my heart strings. Every day they are getting older and becoming more aware of things I know I have to find a way out of here but so far it hasn’t been possible. I have been lucky the girls tell me Carver has been away most of the time on urgent gang business so I was spared this year but now that he’s back I don’t think I’ll be so lucky.

Liana hands me a plate with cake on it and I take it giving her a smile. I take a small bite out of it and surprisingly it isn’t too bad so I take a larger bite.

“You Ok?” Angelica asks standing beside me

“I’ll be fine...I can’t stay here Angel...my daughter’s depend on me to look after them and keep them safe...I have no guarantee that I can do that for them”

“You can Dakota, you’re an amazing mother”

“Thanks Angel...if you ever need me you know you can talk to me right?”

“I know and you can talk to me to Angel....I saw the marks”

“They’re showing?” she asks and her face pales

“Not anymore, what did he do to you?”

“He used his belt...it was my fault I should have just listened to him”

“It’s not..........”

I don’t get a chance to finish my sentence as an angry voice cuts me off.

“WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE!” Carver shouts and everyone freezes.

He marches over to me and grabs me by the arms “Well little one care to explain?”