Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Dakota’s POV

The chicken on my plate doesn’t look like chicken at all in fact it looks more like tofu. I look across the table at Lilly- her beautiful red curls are tangled and messy, her eyes so lifeless staring into space and her red dress shows nearly everything. Lilly is broken there’s no doubt about that because the bruises and scars all over her body tell me that she’s broken. She doesn’t speak to me at all even when I try to engage her in conversation she just looks at Rolando and Oleander. I know Lilly tried to kill my girls but I wouldn’t wish this life on anyone not even my own worst enemy.

“I should really get to know you more Dakota seeing as I’ll be your brother in-law soon” Oleander brags, it’s all he’s been doing for the past twenty minutes bragging about how much my sister loves him, bragging about how big the wedding is going to be and bragging about how he thinks Monique is pregnant. As soon as he that I wanted to bash his bragging skull in.

“That’s enough little one doesn’t need to hear about things and people in her past it just upsets her and I learned that the hard way last night” Carver says and Oleander stops his bragging.

“Oh yes Stella was on the news last night....that girl doesn’t know when to quit. She’s up at the crack of dawn doing a run of the whole town then she’s straight over to the police station to look at evidence that was planted there” Rolando explains to Carver and he just laughs.

“Yes Stella is a very persistent girl”

“You’re telling me.....I met her a few weeks ago I’m telling you she doesn’t stop” Oleander pitches in.

“Would you like to hear a story little one?” Rolando asks me and I look at Carver who nods his head.

“Time you knew the truth little one” Carver mumbles and I tense, what truth?

“Once upon a time there were two best friends, Rolando and Patrick who decided to start a gang. Rolando came from a rich family and Patrick had no family. They started a gang which was simply called the gang. One day they were out doing a guns run when they came across a young boy who had just lost his parent and was left to care for two younger siblings, his name was Carver”

“Wait, Carver has two siblings?”

“Yes Angelica is my sister and Carter is brother....they’re twins“Carver explains to me.

“Twin....but you told me he was your son”

“I lie a lot little one. For example I told you I’m 31 but really I’m 22”

My expression must be shocked right now because Carver laughs and pulls me onto his lap.

“Back to the story......Carver was brought into the gang and Patrick began training him. Rolando might have had the money but Patrick had the brains and orchestrated the drug and gun runs.

One day they decided to relax in a bar. While they were there they heard a young girl screaming, Patrick jumped into action running into the alley where a girl was surrounded by three men. Patrick lunged at the men, fighting all three of them. He saved the young girl who was named Eleanor. Patrick spent the next few months living and breathing Eleanor.

Patrick, after only four months of dating wanted to leave the gang but they wouldn’t let him. Eventually Patrick left without the gang knowing and Patrick dropped off the face of the earth, he married Eleanor they had their first baby....oh sorry babies Stella and Monique. A few years later Eleanor gave birth to another baby girl, Dakota.

The gang found Patrick, his wife and their three daughters. They wanted to kill Patrick for betraying them but Rolando didn’t want that, he knew that Eleanor was the problem and if she had have never entered his life Patrick would still be with the gang. So the gang decided to kill Eleanor....Carver was the one to kill her, he ran her car off the road....but what he didn’t know was that there was a little girl in the back of the car- Dakota”

“Wait I wasn’t in the car and you killed my mum!”

“Yes you were....Carver drove the little girl to a hospital and left her there. Patrick realised when Dakota woke up she couldn’t remember the accident or her mother’s death and so he never told her she was in the car. The gang killed Eleanor.....but that wasn’t enough the gang decided to go after his three daughters starting with his youngest Dakota”

“I lied to you little one I knew exactly who you were when I took you in the alley. I was supposed to kill you in the alley but I couldn’t do it so I invented the game”

“You killed my mum!” I shout and push myself off his lap and fall to my knees and start in a fit of sobbing.

“This doesn’t change anything little one....yes I stalked you for a year and I was supposed to kill you but it doesn’t change anything”

“You killed my mum!”

“Children.....the stories not over yet don’t you want to hear the ending? Dakota was meant to die that night but Carver was very smart he knew killing Patrick’s daughter would hurt but to break him he had to see his daughter suffer and she would suffer. She became Carver’s wife.

Patrick was slowly poisoned by the gang but not before showing him his daughter’s fate. Monique would marry Rolando’s son Oleander and Stella would be broken beyond compare”

“You’re poisoning my father?” I sob.

“Yes but it looks like he just had a heart attack and went into coma....he nearly died when I showed him your fate Dakota...because he trained Carver to be the very monster he is today” Rolando laughs

“Stella would be broken before Monique her very own sister would put three bullets in her heart” Oleander says casually like killing my sister is no big deal.

“No!”

“Oh yes Dakota”

“You said you wouldn’t kill her Carver!”

“And I won’t her own sister will”

“Rolando may I take Dakota to the bathroom to help her clean up?” Lilly timidly speaks her first words.

“Why Lilly darling that’s a splendid idea.....but what did you call me?”

“Master”

“Lilly darling Dakota doesn’t belong to me you’ll have to ask Carver”

Lilly turns to look at Carver “Go on ahead Lilly”

Lilly helps me to my feet and we head into the bathroom.

“Dakota you have to be strong you can’t let Carver get to you”

“He killed my mum, he’s poisoning my dad and he’s going to kill my sister!” Lilly brings me into a hug and allows me to cry and scream.

“He took my girls!”

“Dakota I’m so sorry I tried to .....Will you ever forgive me?”

“I already have Lilly”

“Dakota I know where your girls are and I promise you they are safe”

“Where are they?”

“I can’t tell you....all I can say is that I looked after them for a little while”

“Lilly....do you know what happened to Chloe?”

“I’m so sorry Dakota.........Chloe’s dead”