Chapter 25

Chapter 25

After hearing those words I completely crumble. Kale decides that it's better that I am reunited with my girls before I see my father for the very last time.

I want my father to meet my girls and am very thankful that Kale suggested it. The last time I saw my father he told me I was dead to him so I don't even know whether he'll want to even see them. I hope he does because they are a part of me.

I walk through into the room and see my girls immediately, they are sprawled out on the floor building blocks with Chloe's son, Braylon.

Destiny sees me first and I stumble taken a back at how different she looks. She now has shoulder length blonde curls and the prettiest blue eyes I have ever seen. Desire takes my breath away, she has Carver thick brown hair but my bright blue eyes. I shake away the thoughts of how when Desire is older she'll remind me of Carver every day.

I pick my girls up into my arms and kiss their foreheads promising that I'll never leave them ever again.

After a while Kale escorts me and my girls out to the car followed closely by Damon. I buckle my girls into the car seats and then get into the seat beside them. Damon hops into the driver seat, Kale turns round to look at me.

"You ready for this?" he asks and all I do is nod my head.

&&&&&&&&&&&

We arrive at the hospital. Kale helps me get the girls out of the car then opens the boot and pulls out the double buggy.

"Chloe has everything covered as usual" Kale smiles at me then puts Destiny into the buggy and I put Desire in.

We walk across the road into the hospital. I reach the reception desk.

"Could you please tell me which ward Patrick Summers is in?"

"Ward 3 room 2....hey aren't you that girl from the news"

I don't reply just walk away. I follow the signs to ward 3 and then look for room 2.

I see him immediately he doesn't look like my daddy at all any more just a withered old man.

"We'll wait here" Kale says but I barely hear him.

I walk into the room my father sits up and chokes when he sees me.

"D...Dakota is that you?" he asks

"Yes it's me daddy"

"I'm sorry baby girl I d...didn't mean anything I...s...said"

"It's okay daddy. I forgive you"

"Are these your girls?"

"Yea these are my daughters Destiny and Desire"

"So beautiful"

"Yea they are...my beautiful girls"

"I'm sorry Dakota for all that I said I was angry because I didn't protect you. I was your father and I didn't protect you."

"It wasn't your fault"

"I'm dying Dakota. I won't be with you for much longer so come and give your old man a hug"

I climb onto the bed beside my daddy he holds me tight like when I was a little girl.

"I won't be on this earth for much longer, I won't get to see you on your wedding day or walk you down the aisle, I won't get to see my grandchildren grow and what's more I won't get to see my beautiful girls. But right here right now I thank God because I just gotten to see my youngest daughter as beautiful young women with her whole life ahead of her"

"I love you daddy" I kiss his cheeks and tears start flowing out of my eyes and down my face.

I pull the buggy closer to the bed careful not to hit any of the wires or machines.

I talk to my father about everything. He asks about my time in captivity and holds me as I cry and sob through my words. Eventually my eyes grow heavy and I drift into a peaceful sleep.

&&&&&&&

I wake up to find myself fast asleep in the hospital bed. I look over at the buggy and see Destiny and Desire still fast asleep. I then look over at my father he's still too still, he's not breathing and that's when I hear the beep. I look over at the heart monitor and cry when I see nothing but a straight line. My daddy is gone. I cry and cry and then the nurses and doctor comes rushing in.

"Time of death 9 am" the doctor says writing it down on the charts. I get up off the bed as the doctor pulls the sheet over my father's dead body.

The nurses turn off all the machines. Kale comes through the doors and pulls me into his arms as I sob my heart out.

My daddy is dead and I'll never see him again.