page eight

"This what the fuck we doing now inviting thug ass nigga's into our home my dad snap at me!"

"He's not even like that daddy and we was just talking I told him."

"Talking, how the fuck he even get our address?"

"I gave it to him so we can talk I told him."

"Into our home anything could have been taken, what the hell was so important to talk about Brianna?"

"Why you so quick to judge a man and you don't even know him I asked?"

"He's a thug Brianna he yelled!"

"We'll daddy i'm sorry okay it was a simply conversation I told him."

"You don't need to be in the cross fire with that type of nigga he told me."

"I'm not so get off my back I snap!"

"You under my roof so my rules don't let that nigga get into your head he told me."

"I have my own brain cells to think for myself."

"That mouth gonna get you in trouble keep getting smart with me Brianna."

"Is this conversation over with I asked him?"

"Was that nigga and your room he asked me?"

"No, we was on the couch having a simply conversation if that was okay, clearly not so sorry daddy for not thinking about our home and the decisions that I make."

"You think this a game, you think it's okay to play with me he asked me?"

"No, I just think you stuck up and boujee and them white folks got into you head I told him while he slap me."

"Get your ass into your room and your better walk up them damn stairs normal and don't even think about slamming that door, I give you to damn much for your smart mouth ass he yelled!"

"Them while folks is what got you here he yelled!"

"I went back into my room closing the door behind me."

"I grab the yellow envelope placing it into my night stand."

"I check my phone seeing nothing from Keyon."

"Seeing my mom was calling making me pick it up."

"Hello I answered."

"Your aunt is coming to stay with us for awhile I'll be getting home late so I need you to get her settled in she told me."

"Okay mom."

"Okay see you tonight she told me."

"Okay I hung up the phone."

"It's always something I thought to myself."

"Where are you leaving Asia a text before I put my phone down."

  few hours later

"Inviting my aunt in seeing she wan't nothing like my Boujee ass parents."

"You must be my niece she placed me into a hug while I hug her back."

"Nice to meet you too I said letting her in."

"Where your mean ass father she asked making me laugh a little knowing it was true."

"In his book study I told her."

"Told your mom not to marry that country ass nigga she told me making me laugh knowing this woman was funny and she read my mind like a book."

"Don't get like them child she told me."

"Trust me i'm far from it I told her."

"least someone in this damn house got some damn sense she said making me laugh."

"Here go another ghetto mess my father came in the living-room while my aunt explored the place out."

"Maybe your ass need some ghetto in this house hold got my sister wishy washy in this shit she spat."

"Maybe this is where your niece pick up all this ghetto from he spat back."

"least she know where she come from she said."

"Come from, my daughter not becoming a ghetto hot mess with a thug ass nigga carrying four to five baby's around not knowing who the father is he spat."

"Oh I see you got shade, I rather not be tied up married to a man who controls everything I do and got his child wrap in all this bullshit you ain't nothing but a sell out to our black community she spat back."

"Black community, what you know about the community he asked?"

"Oh so you think you know shit, you think because you went to college about three to four times you think you know it all and you can sit in with the white folks and eat toss salad and shit and make the world a better place putting our black young man and woman in jail talking about I don't know the black community you just the opposite with your white country ass she spat."

"I see why she had to get away from the ghetto hope you visited don't be long my dad spat."

"Trust me I don't want to stay long she told him."

"See Brianna this is what the ghetto make of you he told me."

"Don't listen to your father Brianna just know you make yourself you don't need money to make your life you do it how you want to do it she told me."

"Don't be giving my daughter a ghetto piece of advice my dad spat."

"Okay because I married a thug if that's what you want to call it, but since I was married to one that make him nothing right, because he got his money how got his money that don't make it okay, and okay if I had my kids before I got married that's wrong right, that's what you teaching your daughter she need her a rich man with a nice job, fancy house, fancy car it's nothing wrong with it if that's what she want she snap on him!"

"I'm gonna rise her how I want to rise her so don't tell me how to rise my damn child he snap on her."

"Mm, whatever come on Brianna show me to my room before you really see ghetto she told me while I lead her to her room."

"Don't listen to that shit he speak it's only your choice how you want to live you make decisions for yourself money don't last for to long she told me."