Fourteen

"Bri, Brianna my mom threw cold water on me making gasp for air."

"What the fuck I yelled!"

"You back talking me girl, get your ass up she yelled!"

"What I snap!"

"Who the fuck gave you drugs she questioned me?"

"I need drugs dealing with this shit I spat while her hand came across my face making me react."

"What you about to do hit me back?"

"Why you hit me I snap!"

"I wanna know who gave you drugs she asked me?"

"What, weed."

"You getting smart, yes little girl weed who gave it to you."

"Asia."

"Don't put her in the middle of this I just brought it for someone I lied."

"Brought it from who Bri?"

"You making it a big deal you making it seem like I smoke crack or something."

"If you doing weed you might as well be doing something else she spat."

"Put another blunt to your damn mouth and you out of this damn house."

"How about you answered this?"

"What Bri?

"Where was you last night?"

"Work Bri you know i work late on Monday's she told me."

"That's interesting I told her."

"What."

"Nothing I told her."

"Get them damn sheets off the bed and bring them downstairs."

"What y'all gonna do when I get twenty huh I yelled!"

"Don't make me come back and fuck you up you lucky your father at work she told me."

"Yeah okay I thought to myself."

"Where the hell this girl at I thought myself again."

"I pick up my phone dialing Asia up."

"Yeah she answered."

"Where you at I asked her?"

"Trying something new she told me."

"You nasty as fuck I told her."

"What about it she told me."

"Tell me why my damn mom pour cold water on me I told her while she laughed."

"I'm glad it's funny I told her."

"You was high as fuck last night not gonna lie shit was to funny she told me."

"I'll do it all over again and not care I told her."

"Who gave weed to your silly ass she asked?"

"Chase."

"I thought he was the boujee rich kid."

"Shit whatever you wanna think I had fun I told her."

"Mm, just don't start popping molly with his ass she said laughing."

"Get the fuck off my phone I told her."

"Whatever I'm being truth you know them rich kids."

"He's not like that I told her."

"Okay."

"Say's the one who at a hold other nigga house that fast I told her."

"Girl you know me she told me."

"Just be careful please."

"I will and I'll talk to you later."

"Okay love you."

"Love you too I told her hanging up the phone."

"I took the sheet's off the bed making it downstairs into the washer room."

"So why you not at work today I asked my mom?"

"I'm working from home today I just needed a break she told me."

"That's really not a break if you still working."

"You know your dad needs my assistance she told me."

"Don't you ever get tied of working next to my dad you never had any more dreams I asked her?"

"I once wanted to be a dancer but your dad came and took me off my feet and gave me whatever I wanted and I didn't think about dancing anymore I came a wife I had you and you came the main priority and when I got tried just being a house wife I just work beside your dad because dancing was just to late for me she told me."

"Why you always picking sides when it comes to me and my dad I asked her?"

"It's not that I pick sides Brianna you just can't pick a fight with a lawyer who think he knows it all he's your father and he want what's best for you I never had a problem with whatever you wanted to become in life or who you dated if I don't agree what he say or how it should go I'm wrong and you know I fight everyday over you she told me."

"So you never thought about running?"

"More then once sometimes, but where would I be without your father I was a nobody chasing dreams that I wasn't to sure about and I don't want that for you and I really don't want you chasing after a thug bri I want you to be good she told me."

"So it's just about the money I asked her?"

"Maybe, but I love your father he seen something in me he made me feel like I could be bigger he got me out that place I called home and yes I thought this man had big money but it was also something about him the way he carried himself as a man she told me."

"You can't look on the outside of a man you got to look on the inside of a man bri your aunt dated a thug and I felt like he ran her over did whatever he wanted to her because she loved him so much she didn't see all the wrong he was doing all the hurt he was causing slagging that shit every night had her worried she come to me and she just cried all night while her kids watch her break that's why I fuss at you sometimes I don't want no thug ass nigga doing you the same she told me."

"I'm glad we having this talk I told her."

"I'm glad I can talk to you about these thing's because I want you to know she told me."

"I'm sorry i'm a hard Person get along with I'm just trying to be your mother and protect you she told me

"I'm sorry for putting you through a-lot it really don't be on you and you know that I told her."

"I know your dad can be an asshole but give him some respect he gives you a-lot bri, so you can have a good life so you don't have to worry about anything she told me."

"I got you it just hard with him sometimes I told her."

"I don't like him slapping you around you don't deserve that don't never let a man put his hands on you she told me."

"He do you the same I asked her?"

"I try not to get on his bad side bri she told me."