New Girl

As I walked through the school like a shadow of death, I take a look at the place and realize there's nothing left.

The people in it are mad, even I think my sanity is gone.

The barred windows and dull halls gave off a jail-like atmosphere.

I was new here, moving from another dreary school of Tulsa.

The people at school quite obviously had three different cliques, as far as I could see.

My favourite people, the middle class kids.

The rich kids, some good some bad but I couldn't talk since I had money as well.

And some other group, Greasers is what I thought they were called based on the words uttered in the halls.

At my old school, we never talked about the streets that much.

It was an all-girls school that mainly made us all friends and erasing all desire to interact with the boys that tried to get in our pants.

"Are you new here?" I heard a voice say, I turned to see a beautiful red head dressed in neat clothes ask me.

"Oh yes, yes I am. Do you know where Ms. Schneider's classroom is? I have her first period for Mathematics." I flashed her a friendly smile.

"I do, I'm on my way there right now." She began walking with me and touring the school.

"I'm y/n l/n, by the way." I introduced myself.

"What a gorgeous name, I'm Sherri Valance but everyone calls me Cherry because of my hair." Cherry laughed and I laughed with her.

"So where'd you move from?" She asked.

"I'm from the city, actually. I was schooled at an all-girls Catholic school but my parents thought that it would be better for me if I socialized a little more, you know?" I sighed, remembering the lonely years.

"Well, you'll be shocked at how badly some of the boys act, you know. They can be horrible." She shook her head.

"We'll hello ladies, man who's the new chick, she's one fine fox." Some real greased up looking boy who looked about fifteen years old wolf whistled at me.

"Leave her alone, Curly." Cherry protectively placed herself in between us.

"Curly, that's Bob Sheldon's girl. Don't play 'round." One of his buddies meekly suggested.

The Curly boy huffed angrily before winking at me and slinking off down the hall.

"Rob Seldom?" I tilted my head in utter confusion.

Cherry laughed playfully.

"No silly! Bob Sheldon, my boyfriend. He's well respected around here."

"Oh." I my face flushed red and my palms got slightly sweaty.

"Now listen here, you're with me now. No feeling embarrassed, just stick with me and you'll be fine. As a matter of fact, would you like to join me and my friends at the bowling alley? It's a real fun treat, I think you'll enjoy it." She beamed a grin that I just couldn't refuse.

"I'd love to, thank you so much, Cherry." I thanked her.

We walked into the class and saw a number of different people seated at random.

Unfortunately, Cherry was seated at the front, away from me by the teacher.

I was seated at the seat beside the one in the corner in the back row.