Hammer Horror

MODERN
A/N: I'VE BEEN WATCHING TOO MANY HORROR MOVIES BTW AS IN THE ENTIRE CONJURING SERIES, BOTH OF THE IT MOVIES, THE RING MOVIES, THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE, AND A DOZEN MORE

"I'm Sodapop Curtis, and I'm here in an abandoned hospital which is said to have over twenty ghosts lurking within these walls." Sodapop narrated with his phone as we settled in.

"Soda, quit it. You're wasting your time. We are just here to prove that there isn't any such thing as spirits or whatever." Darry scolded.

The group had decided to stay in a supposedly haunted abandoned hospital to prove to Two-Bit and my boyfriend, Dallas and I that there was no such thing as ghosts.

I was raised a devout Catholic, and although I didn't practice my faith, I believed in it.

Ever since I was little I'd see and hear things that no one could explain.

Two-Bit was extremely superstitious, going absolutely mental if you did something that could bring upon bad luck.

Once, Pony walked under a ladder and Two-Bit sprayed him with a water gun filled with holy water and said 'Jesus loves you'.

Dallas was the same way, only he believed that he saw a few things that really did not sit right with him.

He told me that when one of his buddies in New York got killed and he got caught in a murder wrap and had to flee here, he saw the guy every night watching him while he slept.

"So how about this, we all stay in separate rooms and if we see something, then y'all are right, deal?" Steve directed.

So, the teams were Dally and I, Ponyboy and Johnny, Sodapop and Steve, then poor Two-Bit with Darry since he could not be trusted alone.

"You nervous?" Dally whispered in my ear.

"Nah, although those two look like they're gonna shit themselves." I pointed subtly at Pony and Johnny, who looked pale.

So, to make them feel better we decided to have Johnny and I stick together while Dally got Pony.

⚠️MIXED POVS⚠️

Ponyboy's POV:

"Uh Dally, what...What do we do?" I nervously asked as my voice cracked under the immense pressure I felt.

"We are going to walk around, and scare the shit out of you. I'm pissed off that me and Y/n had to split." Dally glared at me.

"Sorry, you horny bitch." I mumbled sassily.

"What was that? What did you say to me?" He whipped his head in my direction, ready to pounce at me, and that's when we heard it.

There was a woman crying, a crescendo.

"The fuck..." He gasped underneath his breath.

I subconsciously began to follow the noise with Dallas behind me, until we reached an old hospital room in a maternity ward.

The crying was loud in the room we had stepped into, but there was not one sign of life there.

"It's coming from all directions." I breathed, seeing my breath became visible.

Dally stepped forward "Man, it's cold in here. And I thought it was summer." He pulled out his phone to check the weather, but to no avail since the signal in that room wasn't working even with his data.

While he tried to call someone, I looked at the mattress in the corner of the room, looking all torn up and beaten with a nasty rusty stain covering the lower centre.