𝟎𝟔. Driving anxiety

Hi everyone! I wanted to make this longer but then I realized I didn't want to take the attention off this moment. This took me awhile because I'm kinda struggling right now. Anyway I hope you'll like this and I'll keep updating y'all on this book. I'm sorry these are so short btw.

—————————————

Despite Matt's tired state the triplets still had to drive five hours home from their trip. Matt abruptly pinches the top skin of his arm. He watches as Chris packs their bags into the car. "You okay Matt?" He hears Nick asking. His voice laces with worry as he watches his brother pull his skin. Nick knows this isn't a good idea. The idea of having Matt drive with his crippling driving anxiety. He carefully takes Matt's hand and brings it to his lap, avoiding Matt ripping his skin off. "We could just take an Uber if you're not able to drive home, or we can stay here for a bit.."

Matt shakes his head. "It's fine, Nick. Don't worry."

"DONE FUCKERS get in I want to get home!" Chris yells from the passenger seat of the car. They both get up and Nick quickly gives him a pat on the back.

"You got this Matty."

——————
Matt's POV:

The drive is going fine. I'm still a bit nervous but I feel more controlling over my anxiety now that we're already two hours in. Well that's until now. When Chris realized I'm not as nervous as he thought he decided to play loud rap music. I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to drive for three more hours but he doesn't seem to notice that my state is getting worse. Nick told him to shut the music off three times already and  he didn't listen so why would he listen to me?

And after all, I have it under control I'm fine.

But after I've realized we're stuck in a traffic jam I don't feel so fine anymore. My mind freaks out on me 'stuck' I hate the feeling of not being able to get out. I start to focus on my breathing but the loud music overpowers everything. I'm suddenly worried about my brothers. What if they feel the same way?

—————————
Third person POV:

Chris is focusing on choosing songs when he suddenly feels a gentle hand on his arm. Chris looks up to see a pale Matt looking at him. His face is calm and comforting but his eyes stand wild. Chris slowly starts to realize what this is. When Matt's anxiety gets worse he sometimes feels the need to comfort the people around him. It calms Matt down, knowing that he can mean something for the other.

"Chris-" Matt starts with a shaky, soft voice. "Can you turn the music down a little?" His voice is really quiet but Chris turns the music off immediately.

"Yeah, of course buddy. Are you okay?" Chris knows what's happening and he knows how to treat this situation. He puts his phone down ons his lap and takes Matt's hand. He starts to fidget with their fingers. "Yeah I'm good, are you?" Chris is fine but instead of saying so he nods. "I do kinda have a headache though." He sees Matt immediately flicking to worry mode and softly lays a hand on the younger's forehead. Chris smiles knowing this distracts Matt from his anxiety. "I'm fine Matt don't worry." Matt hesitantly nods and focuses back on the road, even though nothing is happening. Matt removes his hand from their fidgeting session and stares in front of him.

Chris knows that Matt is craving the physical attention Chris has to give him. So Chris slowly lowers his head on his brothers shoulder. Matt allows it since they're not driving right now. He leans back on Chris and closes his eyes. He feels his anxiety slowly drift away.

Chris takes Matt's hand and starts to rub it softly while he keeps an eye on the road so Matt doesn't have to.

Nick admires his brother's from the backseat and takes a picture. He ruffles Chris's hair and gives him a pat on the back, praising him for listening and understanding because he normally never does.