|11| I want you

Nermana's POV

Nermana's POV

I normally wouldn't turn to the cafeteria doors when people enter but today everyone's eyes were glued to it, so of course I go along, group conformity is real you know, thinking it'd be the principal or something but no.
Nyx walks in with Jasmine on his side. She's known for her mom being a tv baker and I heard she's got her mom's sweetness.

It's not like I care, I broke up with him, but for some reason my thoughts are all over the place. She's thinner, more attractive, shorter, and probably more generous than me, I remember her bringing everyone one of her mom's famous cupcakes on her birthday. It's not shocking that he'd be interested in her, but it still leaves me feeling uneasy. I refuse to shed a tear - that would be too pitiful. Storming out was dramatic enough as it is.

I gracefully move on ahead, hoping to find Andre. And just as I had hoped, fate was on my side as he appeared before me, calling out my name with a voice that resonated through the columned hallway.

"Andre! Have you had a meal yet? I have," I fibbed.

He shook his head, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of curiosity and admiration. "Not yet, Let's walk in together," he stated, his hand gently resting on my waist as we strolled side by side.

To my surprise, Darius caught up with us, his presence adding an unexpected vibe to our gathering. "I am off for lunch, what are y'all up to?" he inquired, his voice laced with a hint of intrigue.

Andre responded. As we made our way towards our designated table, the eyes of the onlookers fixated upon us, drawn to the allure of having two men by my side.

I found myself taken aback once more as Darius chose to join us at our table instead of Kyle's. In my attempt to catch Nyx's gaze, I realized he was engrossed in conversation with Jasmine, a pang of realization hit me. What was I doing, allowing myself to be consumed by such matters? If I can move on he can as well .

He's nodding to whoever is talking, it doesn't surprise me, he's always been an attentive listener even last week when we both walked into the garden's maze rather sneakily, we found ourselves in a dead end and settled. I initially wasn't planning on speaking to him but he coerced me into following him.

"What are you doing getting with Andre, you know you feel nothing for him," Nyx starts his face morphing from stoic to irritation.

"You don't know anything," I start calmly, "I do like him, we've been friends for some time actually."

"Yes, you've been friends nothing more, why not keep it that way," he continues.

"Im free to do what I please, there is no need to give you some sort of explanation," I turn away hands folded.

"You're being cruel and you know it. You act like we meant nothing and it pisses me off! Why are you dating someone you don't like? Is it just to spite me, are you that bitter, I was grieving, Nermana, is trying to forget really that bad?" Nyx exclaims.

"Don't shout," I instruct calmly no one needs to hear this.

"Why not? It's about time everyone knows you're mine, we just took a short hiatus, and now we're back better than ever Nelly. I want you, and you want me" he closes the distance between us and cradles my face in his hands. I can't help my face heating up from the contact, as he stares at my lips I stare at his, our lips almost touch before I break away in a daze.

"I love you but we're done and you know I never give second chances," I state

"I might change that," he smirks.

"Oh, will you," I roll my eyes and smile for a second before putting on a stern face.

"I'm not trying to spite you, Nyx. We didn't break up because of your grieving habits, you needed space to heal and grow and I gave it to you, so please let me move on and you should move on as well," I offer a genuine smile. He looks at me like theirs something interesting on my face.

"I'm sorry, I was just on edge." He smiles "But still, you should've warned me, I would've got a head start first."

"It's not a competition," I giggle.

"It's not?" He says sarcastically, letting out a chuckle.

I stop looking at his table and focus on my own, they're all discussing the hollows eve party coming up soon.

"Who's hosting again," Deniz asks.

"Kyle is," Dima answers.

You'd expect a hollows eve party to be hosted a week before Halloween but it is and has always been hosted by the first Friday of October.

"Do any of you guys know what you're going as?"

"I'm going as a VS angel!" Nalani exclaims.

"Ooh, I heard Serena is going as that," Divya adds. I can imagine her as a VS angel, she's captain of the volleyball team so she's really toned and is tall as well.

"Then I'm just gonna have to outshine her," Nalani smirks mischievously. I kinda feel bad for Serena, she's really sweet but sadly she has no chance against Nalani. At Wentworth there isn't a problem with outfit copies just make sure you wear it better, if anything outfit copies make the night more interesting.