|14| long time no see

Dima's Pov

Dima's Pov

"Why did you lead me on like that!" Stacy screamed on the other end of the call, "even if you wanted to explore you should've told me, I would've let you."

Huh? Is she saying she would've let me cheat?

"I'm telling you the truth!" I exclaim already getting sick of this conversation, "I forgot that we were dating, I wouldn't have got with your sister if I'd known, I promise." I would've been more discreet if she even crossed my mind, but oh well.

"I'll call you later, I'm at an event," and with that I end the call and walk out the restroom. I had a party to enjoy no way I'm wasting time on a random girl's tears. Though I wouldn't exactly classify this as a party it's a social event, with the added bonus of alcohol. I head towards the bar and request a glass of champagne. As I patiently wait, I survey the room for familiar faces. Nalani appears to be engaged in conversation with a wealthy couple, presumably introduced to her by her parents. Asterin and Divya, on the other hand, are mingling with acquaintances from school. I wonder where Nermana is? She could be with Andre; I spotted him with his parents at the performance hall. Though, she also might be networking with one of the numerous influential people in this room, I know her mother is.

I sip on my drink and like a movie my eyes lock with Anton Raymond, his performance was fantastic I mean everyone here came because of him so that's saying something.I smile at him as I walk over and he grins back. I haven't seen him in forever.

"Anton, you were amazing on stage, even my dad clapped," I said.

"Wow that's nerve-wracking," he chuckled, "but I'm glad I could move people with my music."

"I miss when you were still teaching me and Nermana piano lessons, I should get her so it's like a full reunion actually," I suggest looking around the hall once again.

"No need, I've already greeted her, she was ecstatic," he said with a smile.

"Really? I wonder where she is now but that's great, after you left she never played again so maybe she'll get back on it now you're back," I say gazing at his features that I haven't seen in the flesh for about four years.

"I would love that, truly," he replies in his deep French accent.

"How long will you stay?" I ask but before he could answer my dad butted in with the mention of Anton's name.

"Mr Zalesky, how've you been," Anton replies.

"Very well, though being vice-president has it's hardships, I'm trying my best to balance work and home-life," Dad responds holding my shoulder feigning affection. I let him of course with a fake smile because that's the part I'm forced to play. The way I see it we're all actors in this play called life.

I zone out of the rest of the conversation and soon after I excuse myself. I need a drink. I slip in some vodka, that I tucked in my suit pocket, into my champagne glass and down it. After a few more drinks I make my way to the 'dance floor' but only light classical music was playing, so I couldn't dance the night away till I blackout like I wanted to.

I peer at the people dancing and see some happy couples and some parents but what surprised me was seeing Nermana and Andre dancing with one another. His hands were on her waist and hers were around his neck, both swaying to the music.

It would be sweet if it weren't them, but I can't see them as a cute couple knowing they won't last long. Nermana may try to act seem virtuous, but her relationships don't last longer than three weeks. The only exception being her with Nyx but after five months they too broke up. I can't judge as I'm no better, but I at least own it. I notice Anton watching them dance as if he's not in a conversation.

As they continued, I noticed them constantly whispering things to each other and not long after Andre stormed off with a solemn look on his face. And the cycle continues.

Nermana walks over to me and huffs. "We broke up."

"Oh is that why he walked off with a frown I thought you just told him he had broccoli in his teeth," I sarcastically say back.

She chuckles and waves over Asterin and Divya. I break the news to them and they don't even bat an eyelash clearly not shocked. They give her a reassuring hug though. They don't have the 'most caring' title in our group for no reason.

"F*ck this event, I need a real party," I complain.

"Same, I'm sick of this place," Nermana agrees, "can we-" she continues before getting distracted by something in the distance. "Hold up I'm coming back," she says before leaving to whatever she was looking at.

"Yeah I want to leave as well, I only came because my mom was forced to come so she forced me as well," Asterin adds.

"No one is throwing a party though, I checked Kyle's story," Divya says flipping through her phone. Damn that means there really isn't any party, Kyle is Wentworth's 'party connoisseur' if there is a party he's there and if not it wasn't a party, so his instagram is a reliable source on any parties happening.

I look over where Nermana was heading and see her giggling with Darius Di Fazio, he's the new kid but anyone who is anyone knows his family or at least his last name. The Di Fazio clan owns a conglomerate company that has a part in almost anything in terms of real estate and property development but they're also quickly trying to take over the oil industry.

"What's up with Darius and Nermana?" I ask nodding over to them.

"Oh! I think he has a crush on her but I'm not sure if she likes him back," Divya replies enthusiastically.

"They look good together, hopefully it works out," Asterin chuckles.

Yeah, hopefully.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Why are you always trying to piss me off," dad hisses in thick Russian vernacular. His Russian never fails to seep out when he's angry. We had just got back from the theatre after trying our best to dodge the paparazzi.

"What are you talking about," I say through gritted teeth.

"All night you were throwing drinks down your throat, instead of getting acquainted with the important people right at your fingertips," Dad starts, "I mean your friends Nalani and Nermana had no problem doing just that so why do you have to be different, why do you have to fail and disgrace me huh." He pushes me to the floor and kicks my back.

Of course. He never fails to compare me to anyone that comes to mind, even if they're nothing special.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered , my hands covering my head. He lowers himself closer to me making me flinch.

"You're f*cking pathetic, a total waste of sperm, be a f*cking man not a whimpering mess on my floor. I'll slap you three times," he states. Not bothering to remove his rings he delivers the first slap. My eyes immediately water and my face feels like it's burning. He barely pauses before throwing the second and third one. I thought it was over but he delivers another one to my poor cheek, with that he leaves the room while ripping off his tie. My right cheek was throbbing and red before I pulled myself to bed and the redness didn't go away until later that night.

I wish I hadn't apologised, he didn't deserve it, but I knew if I said nothing he would have hit me a lot more, I'm not stupid like I used to be. Pride doesn't matter when you're dealing with a monster.

Sadly, a handprint bruise stayed even after the next morning.