Home Sweet Home.

The four Critters opened the door of the huge house. Bubba stuck his head inside and looked around.

Bubba Bubbaphant: All clear; let's go in.

PickyPiggy: You go, guys! Stay in the lobby, Crafty and I will be back in a sec.

As KickinChicken and Bubba Bubbaphant walked into the lobby of Home Sweet Home, PickyPiggy took CraftyCorn by the arm and stopped her at the entrance.

PickyPiggy: Before we go in, I need your help with a little plan I've come up with!

CraftyCorn: What is it about?

PickyPiggy: Haven't you noticed that Kickin and Bubba are, like, estranged?

CraftyCorn: I've noticed; but what happens with that?

PickyPiggy: Don't you find it weird? Bubba and Kickin got along very well before this! What has happened to them?

CraftyCorn: Well, I don't know...and honestly, it's not important.

PickyPiggy: What? Why?!

CraftyCorn: Kickin and Bubba are very different. It was a matter of time before they lost a huge part of their relationship.

PickyPiggy: Well, I'm goin' to find out what happened to them! But I need your help; try to talk to Kickin about Bubba during the investigation. I'll talk with Bubba about Kickin.

CraftyCorn: What if they get mad?

PickyPiggy: If you see that he gets angry, leave him alone and don't ask him again.

Crafty nodded. She gave up arguing against Picky; another hopeless sentimental, just like Bobby.
Picky grabbed her shoulders firmly and hugged her.

PickyPiggy: Thank you very much!

They both entered the hall with the boys.

Bubba Bubbaphant: Okay, guys, Picky and I are going to go to the dining room to look for food; You go to the rooms for blankets or tools.

KickinChicken went along with Crafty.
Picky and Bubba began to inspect the dining rooms and adjoining kitchens. The room remained almost the same, with its long tables, the chairs and even some of the dishes were placed, but the passage of time broke some of the dishes, broke the legs of the chairs and scattered garbage everywhere.
The kitchens were also a bit dirty. The appliances, unexpectedly, worked, as the refrigerators were working and had apparently edible food.
Of the things in the fridge, Bubba took a packet of strawberries, picked one up and looked at it. It was intact. Bubba looked at Picky and took a huge bite out of the strawberry, leaving only the leaves behind.

PickyPiggy: Is it good?

Still chewing, Bubba nodded and got another fruit from the packet, giving it to Picky for her to try.
She accepted it, popping it into her mouth, forgetting she even ate the leaves and her fingers were pink by the fruit.