High Treason.

(🍀)

What twists does fate take, right?
Now I'm here, even though I thought I would die alone.

I have been living scared for years, walking in fear. First for the loneliness, and then for BullyBull to finish what he started.
But now, although this group is on the edge of the abyss, falling apart, I feel safe, and grateful to heaven for being able to count on company that wouldn't hurt me.
I never thought they would receive me so warmly and friendly, because I was a stranger after all. But they welcomed me as if I were one of them, without asking me questions about myself, or my past, or where I came from. I suppose they felt sorry for me, they wanted to protect me, since my weak and bruised appearance incites those feelings. And the truth is that I'm not surprised.
If I had seen a lost, shy, hurt and mute Critter, I would have helped that Critter too.

They weren't bad people. But so different...

For example, DogDay. I think he was called like that...
He was the leader. Charismatic, sensible and full of courage. Of course, he greatly doubted his own abilities. If he's able to still keep the team together despite all the quarrels, he's capable of anything.
He tries to update me on everything that's happening, but he doesn't force me to integrate. He greatly respects my privacy and my moments of solitude, and I greatly appreciate it. BullyBull didn't used to, but that will be covered later.

The next one to highlight would be Crafty, the girl I saved. Since I first saw that Critter, I realized that she was special. And when I got to know her as a person, I knew that the life I led before was going to change completely.
She was slightly more outgoing than me, but she was also very shy, quiet and afraid to show her thoughts. Also very coward, but it's normal. Uncertainty is almost our main companion.
She also tries to explain to me the situations, the relationships between others. Maybe she wants me not to be surprised by seeing strange things between them, but if only I had a voice to tell her the things I have seen...!
She is very nice to me, very patient, reserved when talking, very close to KickinChicken.

And speaking of him, he is also someone important to highlight!
He's a peculiar guy! Brave but coward, bossy, very funny...
...but that is a shell, it is very clear. Under all that male bravado appearance, there's a little girl afraid of getting out of that armor.
He has a clear fear of being alone, but not the physical loneliness of not having people around, but an emotional loneliness, the loneliness of not being able to count on someone in times of anxiety.
It was thanks to KickinChicken that I discovered how much I needed a good laugh. I didn't have the voice to laugh out loud, but somehow, he made me smile much wider than on other occasions.

Bubba-I think that was his name-was the other side of the coin.
Very serious, somewhat talkative only when the situation called him to be so, decisive, patient, somewhat docile only if he liked the person.
Of course, it is better to have him as a friend than an enemy. In the event of enmity, the adjectives change; spiteful, indifferent, somewhat rude and mocking are some of those qualities he owns.
Being the only one who knew sign language, I went to him whenever I had to send another Critter a message. But apart from those interactions and the courtesy we had as allies, there was no great relationship between the two of us.

However, I had a great relationship with Bobby and Picky.
Bobby was a generous and loving soul who always hoped to give to those who were around without expecting anything in return. Her only fear was loneliness, physically and emotionally speaking. She was not able to deal with loneliness, and she would become overwhelmed if someone took longer to return than necessary.
PickyPiggy was empowered, sarcastic and had very satirical humor. Of course, she is a bit weak-willed and a little paranoid. Still, both were brave and noble at heart. They were the ones that could really make me smile.