The Destiny of an Adept.

(🍎)

Yes.

What a tiny word, yet so powerful.
It's a word that you have to think the way in which you use it, unless you want harsh consequences of your actions.

And I used it wrong.

When I said yes, I said it without thinking.

I was dizzy, hurt, to the verge of vomiting who knows what, and above all, sick to death from so much suffering, pain, torture and anguish.
I'm a coward, I accept it. I allied myself with them just to save myself.
I had even forgot, until Bubba talked, that I wasn't alone in that horrible pain. Bobby and Bubba were with me too. They counted with my help, and I failed them.
So I must also accept, no wonder Bubba got mad, and no wonder he told me he hated me.

I deserved it.

But enough ranting.
Let's start at the beginning and without any more detours.

After what happened, once they took Bubba to God knows where, they took me to a room.
Immediately afterwards, they put me to sleep with that disgusting red gas.
That's where my waking nightmare began.

The nightmares, the sounds, the voices...those were my only companions in those endless hours.
Hours in which I regretted that damn "yes" that changed my life.
Into the life of a monster, like them.

When I woke up from that horrendous flood of hallucinations and nightmares, I felt strange. I thought I could taste the smells, see the sounds, hear the flavors. I felt my blood flowing through my veins like a sensory trail that ran from the tips of my fingers to my feet, in a strange trance in which I barely had control of my body.

Little by little, I regained my body's sensitivity, but I felt...odd.

When I had strength in my legs to stabilize myself, I noticed the first changes; I felt slightly taller and that the shirt was quite loose on me. I had to make tucks in the sleeves of my shirt because they were longer than usual.
I found a mirror. And I walked there to find something...

...Me?

That...that couldn't be me...

I can't recognise this tall monster...

I can't recognise this new black, diffuse pupils with white frames.
I can't recognise this new pink tone on my skin.
I can't recognise this long, disheveled hair.
I can't recognise these claws that grew on my hoofs.
I can't recognise this huge, empty smile.

I can't recognise...myself.
Although can I consider...that as myself?

A door opened soon, and I saw BullyBull. He seemed surprised at my appearance or at seeing me up, and we seemed to share that feeling.
He smiled broadly at me in a condescendent and sly note, but soon CatNap arrived, who kicked the bull out in a bad way. He looked at me one last time before leaving.

Once alone, CatNap looked at me with those bizarre eyes that I feared and now possessed, and with his paw, he delicately turned me around so that I could see myself in the mirror again.
It overwhelmed me to see myself in such conditions. I was very tense, very scared. But I didn't have tears to cry.

CatNap: Fear not, PickyPiggy. Just remember that this is His will.

Those were the words I heard on loop in the time that followed. Although honestly, I don't remember if it's true.
I only remember the hell I experienced, the uncertainty of why I was suffering so much.
During that eternal time, they treated me like a monster, like an animal, which was after all what I had become.
They had me chained by my hands. They had reserved insults for me that I heard day in and day out.