The Danger of the Truth.

(⭐)

It was a long time after the others left when we realized that, as always, Bubba and I had nothing to share. So we minded our own business.
Having nothing to do, I took a blanket and placed it folded under my head. I decided to take a nap to at least think about other things.
I closed my eyes, but I just tossed and turned. This seemed to annoy Bubba.

Bubba Bubbaphant: Could you stay still for a second? You're wasting my patience.

KickinChicken: Could you just stop giving your opinion on everything I do? Also, what patience do you need to have with me?

Bubba Bubbaphant: A lot, Kickin.

I sat up, looking at him. Today, I feel like annoying him. Let's take him to the edge of his patience- like, why not?

KickinChicken: What's a lot?

He sighed.

Bubba Bubbaphant: I need a superlative dose of patience and self-control in order to control myself and not snapping your neck with my bare hands.

I got up. We had reached my edge of my patience instead.
With all due respect, I was sick and tired of this arrogant elephant. I wish the cable car had fallen with him inside...
And I wasn't afraid to say it out loud.

KickinChicken: I hate you, Bubba.

There was silence after I released it. He looked at me, I sensed a spark of rage. It was a new gaze, totally different from the bad faces and annoyance of the looks he used to give me.

Bubba Bubbaphant: ...I beg your pardon?

KickinChicken: You heard me. I've been keeping it for 10 years. You're horrible, Bubba! Never forget it, understood?! You are arrogant, selfish, prideful and vain! Now I understand why Picky has anxiety sometimes. Being next to you is a guarantee of punishment.

Bubba Bubbaphant: ...Want to talk about what I've been keeping from you for an entire decade, KickinChicken? Want the real truth? Want to know what I remember about you? Because you know an elephant always remembers!

KickinChicken: Go ahead!

Bubba got up from his seat and approached me, calm but visibly angry. And he gave me what I gave Crafty in Home Sweet Home. This one felt more personal, though. More blunt than a simple slap. His strength, however, was such that he knocked me to the ground.
He left me stunned on the ground, but he grabbed me by the shoulders, lifted me off the ground and he had me suspended in the air by the lapels of my jacket, he shook me like a puppet and started yelling at me.

Bubba Bubbaphant: YOU DISGUSTING, SON OF A THOUSAND BITCHES, UNGRATEFUL, FUCKING LUNATIC INCAPABLE OF HAVING RESPONSIBILITIES!!! BLESSED CRAFTY FOR HAVING ENDURED SO MANY YEARS!
EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE PAIN YOU GIVE ME?! IF I HAD BEEN BRAVE, I SHOULD HAVE BROKEN YOUR HEAD BY SLAMMING YOU ON A WALL! SOMETIMES I WISH CATNAP HAD KILLED YOU, JUST SO WE WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A SELFISH, SPOILED, GREEDY, CARELESS BRAT LIKE YOU!!!

Bubba Bubbaphant: YOU DISGUSTING, SON OF A THOUSAND BITCHES, UNGRATEFUL, FUCKING LUNATIC INCAPABLE OF HAVING RESPONSIBILITIES!!! BLESSED CRAFTY FOR HAVING ENDURED SO MANY YEARS! EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE PAIN YOU GIVE ME?! IF I HAD BEEN BRAVE, I SHOU...