Showing Him The Truth.

(🟠)

Austin: Is it ready?

Oscar: Uh, not yet!

Austin: Oh, c'mon! It's taking forever, goddammit!

I was getting so frustrated with how long the counter was taking.
Oscar was in the middle of the room, listening for any sound that might reveal CatNap's stalking. Maya and I drew lots to see who would do what, and I lost. It was my turn to watch the hallways; according to Oscar, the most dangerous task.
Maya would be in charge of taking the electricity and activating the smoke producers to distract CatNap.

I was trying to look carefully in the hallways, and several times I almost got caught by CatNap. Fortunately I was a little faster than him, and he couldn't catch us.

Oscar: Austin, I have an idea, let's make a change; I watch the hallways now.

Austin: But how are you going to see it?

Oscar: Who said I could see it! I can hear it well. Come on, keep an eye on the timer, and take a break while you're at it.

I went to see the timer.
Five minutes.
Damn, they're going to take forever.

I didn't hear anything strange, but Maya caught our attention.

Maya: Guys...damn it! OSCAR!

Oscar: Huh-

Without a sound to give him away, CatNap climbed onto Oscar after getting out from a ceiling trap door, knocking him to the ground.
Oscar was left with his head held by the paw of that huge cat, slammed on the floor.
I think I saw blood coming from his head. And that ignited in me a spark of rage.
I ran to the huge stuffed animal and grabbed it by the tail. CatNap growled like a beast and with one swipe of his tail he knocked me to the ground.

Maya pointed the gun at CatNap's face and fired. The flare distracted CatNap, like when you show a laser pointer to a real cat, and he let go of Oscar.
I picked up my brother in my arms and took him away from that. He was conscious, but he had a nosebleed and a scratch on his cheek and nose.
He was very agitated, but calmed down soon.

Maya looked at the counter for a moment, and her eyes sparkled in pleasure. She shifted the GrabPack hand to her green hand and reached for the generator.
Her hand filled with electrical energy.

Maya: Take that one, you bastard cat!

She aimed at CatNap, giving him an electric shock that knocked him to the ground. He recovered faster than expected and was about to grab Maya, but he inexplicably caught fire.
He rolled on the ground, screaming in pain by the scorching flames.

Maya ran to us.

Maya: I've got an idea! Quick, once the fire extinguishes, Austin, grab his feet! I'll grab him by the arms!

Austin: What about Oscar?!

Oscar: I'm fine...do whatever you have to do, guys, but be careful! Once you have him down, hold him in place, I also have a plan.

Once the fire extinguished, we ran to CatNap. I held his feet together and Maya grabbed one arm with her body and the other one with both of the GrabPack's hands.
CatNap squirmed, trying to break free from the grip we had pinned him in, but our pressure was much greater and he couldn't escape.
Suddenly, Oscar walked over and stood level with CatNap's face. This seemed to distract the monster.

Oscar: How are you, partner?

CatNap: Hush kid, I'm not your partner! Tell your bastard siblings to let me go!