Prologue

Bilbo Baggins was writing in his book, finally documenting his encounters on his adventure into Erebor. He had only started early that morning, and he already had gone through half of his ink. He enjoyed looking back at the good memories that made him smile. This was the easy part, because the beginning was full of good. But it wouldn't last forever.

Frodo at this time had walked in with the mail and placed it onto the writing desk. "Thank you," said Bilbo plainly. He did his very best to contain his excitement. Frodo then spotted a sketch, and picked it up. It appeared to be a sketch of his uncle at a younger age.

"What's this?" Frodo questioned. Bilbo quickly swiped the photo out of the hobbits hand.

"That is private. Keep your sticky paws off." Frodo wiped his hands, which were actually sticky from a red delicious apple, and went to Bilbo's chest full of old treasures. There he saw the familiar sights of Sting and the map to the lonely mountain, which was now framed. But as he looked through the items, he found an item that was more than unfamiliar. Inside one of his leather books, was a necklace. It had a leather chain with an emerald green sphere in the center. It looked like a diamond. And where the necklace lay two drawings. One was of two handsome male figures. One with light hair and braids. The other with dark hair and no facial hair compared to the person he was beside. The second was of a female figure. Her hair was dark and long and lightly braided. But her eyes were colored in, unlike the other drawings Which had no color. And her eyes were a beautiful emerald green

"What on earth," Frodo muttered.

"Put that back right now!" Bilbo scolded. Frodo did what he was told and placed the necklace and drawings back where it came from. He didn't understand why it was so important. They were the most simple objects in the chest. However, all objects in Bilbo's chest held some sentimental value.

"I'm sorry I yelled, but you know I don't like you looking through my chest. That necklace and those drawings are all I have left to remind me of them." Frodo frowned and walked towards his uncle.

"Those drawings, who are they. Dwarves from your adventure to Erebor?" Frodo asked.

"Yes. Those two lads were the finest if the company. Also the youngest ones." Frodo felt slightly satisfied about the answer. But the picture of the girl and the necklace where still not answer.

"But what about the necklace?" Frodo asked. Bilbo stopped for a second, then continued what he was doing.

"Oh, that necklace was a gift from her..." Bilbo suddenly stopped at 'her'. This gave Frodo a large grin.

"Was she a girlfriend of your's?" Bilbo couldn't help but smile back. Frodo had the Took look. All hobbits had a smile, but the Took look was such a strong smile, you'd automatically smile back.

"No Frodo. More like a friend that happened to be a girl."

"Is that the girl in the drawing?" Frodo said. Bilbo nodded with a smile.

"She's beautiful. But why are her eyes colored in emerald green?"

"Alright, now you're asking too many questions," Bilbo chuckled. When the conversation ended, Frodo left, leaving Bilbo to smoke some Old Toby.

'Was she a girlfriend of your's?' Bilbo laughed to himself. Girlfriend. No, but he knew her very well. And he knew better than to have that heard from a particular person. A particular dwarf prince with blonde hair and braids