Chapter 13

Half the day was spent on climbing down the cliff. The rocks had formed a staircase like structure for them to walk down from. Then Gandalf led them on a hour long hike to a safe haven where they could rest.

"Oin," Dawn asked. The older dwarf turned, holding his ear trumpet close to his ear.

"It may seem your hands are full with healing everyone. Can I help you?" Oin nodded and smiled. As he found a rock, he placed his bag of medical instruments down and began to assemble them.

"Those wounded, come over here," Dawn said. One by one each person from the company came up: each person had at least a cut or two and a bruise. First was Thorin. He was thankfully alive, he was still banged up badly. As Dawn put some ointment on a rag, she began to lightly dab it on Thorins cuts upon his face, while Oin bandaged his Warg bite.

"I still can't believe you saved me," Thorin said to her. She looked up and smiled.

"What did you see before you woke up?" Dawn asked.

"White. I was in white shores. If you saw it, you would cry at its beauty. There was a large door where I knew I had to enter. But then I saw something. I saw a mirror, showing you, crying at my body. I reached at the mirror and I soon found myself awakening from the dream." Dawn was amazed. What a story it was in such small words.

"Alright, Thorin. Your all good. Next," said Oin.

A couple of people later, Fili and Kili approached.

"Alright, lads. What happened to you?" Oin asked.

"I think a narrow scraped my side and and a few bruises" said Kili.
"Same here. But I think I have a cut on my arm," said Fili.

"Let's take a look. Shirts off," said Oin. Kili paused. Take off his shirt? In from of Dawn? He began to blush hot red.

"Kili, I'll look away of you want," Dawn softly said. This wasn't her first time to look away. When Ori came up a while ago, he had a large bruise on his left side, and was too embarrassed to have Dawn see.

"No," Kili protested.

"Alright, enough chit-chat. Shirts off." With that order, the brothers quickly took off their shirts.

"Dawn, you take care of Fili," Oin said. Dawn paused for a second. She then looked at Fili. She then approached the blonde dwarf.

"You have a really large bruise here on your right shoulder, and you have a few scratches on your face," Dawn said, examining his body. She first put ointment on his bruise. But as she looked for any more injuries, she saw his left arm. It had a large cut from the shoulder to the elbow. The cut was deep and Dawn swore she could almost see his bone.

"Oh Fili," she murmured.

"It's nothing," Fili said. But he knew he was lying. His arm hurt like crazy, and parts he felt numb. But he couldn't tell Dawn that.

"It isn't, Fili. Oin, do you have a needle?" Dawn asked. Fili gulped. Needle? He would never admit it, but he hated needles. He could handle swords, knives, and other sharp objects, but never needles. They were so small, yet so sharp. He watched nervously as Oin gave Dawn a spare needle.

"Is it really necessary, Dawn," Fili said, trying not to sound scared.

"What is it brother? Are you afraid?" Kili chuckled.

"I most certainly am NOT, Kili," Fili protested. Dawn looked at Kili and gave him a deathly glare. His smile went away.

"There's nothing wrong with being a little scared," she said calmly. Before she began. she took a wet cloth and dabbed it on the cut. An then she began to sew. Fili slowly got over his fear, feeling almost nothing. To distract himself, he looked at Dawn. Her face more beautiful than the last. He then stopped himself. Why was he feeling this way. There was no chance she had these same odd feelings for him.