Chapter 31

The next morning, Kili approached Dawn's room, wondering where Fili had went. As he opened the door, his question was answered. There he found his brother sleeping, and Dawn sleeping with her head rested on his chest. Fili's eyes slowly opened, but he jumped at the sight of Kili.

"Relax," he whispered. "I'm just here to give Dawn this." Kili then pulled out a dress rolled up in his hands. It was emerald green with silver on the ends. "Thorin wants her to wear this." Once Kili placed the dress on the bed, he left the room.

At this time, Danw slowly awoke, when her eyes were opened, she found Fili smiling at her. "Good morning, beautiful," he said.

"Morning, handsome," she replied. The two laughed, then quickly kissed. As Dawn sat up, she felt sore from last nights conflict. And yet, when she looked at herself, the only thing that was visible was her hand, which was now tightly wrapped in cloth.

"We better get dressed," Fili said in a low tone. "We need to look our best for this war Thorin started." Dawn got up, and hugged him from behind.

"Don't be scared," she whispered into his ear. "We'll be fine."

Now all dressed, the two headed for the gate, where all gathered. But behind them, was Thorin. He now wore a crown and heavy coat, and each finger had a ring on it. Fili guarded Dawn, making sure that he would not harm her again.

"Morning," he said to all that were present. He turned his attention to the two as if nothing happened last night. His eyes traveled to Dawn, and he came close enough for her to feel his breath on her neck.

"My, you look excellent," he breathed. Dawn shuddered. Thorin only smiled at her discomfort. "But it isn't enough to have him be poisoned by your magic." Then, so suddenly, Thorin ripped off her necklace, the one Radagast had given her all those years ago, and threw it to the ground. Dawn couldn't  even protest. She was frozen. Thorin then moved behind her, and she felt cold around her neck. She couldn't realize that he was putting a necklace made of the white gems of Lasalen on her.

"My nephew is not a toy for you to break. No matter what your spells make him say." Thorin then came closer, and now wrapped his arm around her waist. "I can easily show the world what kind of a monster you really are." Finally, Dawn began to struggle, and Thorin only laughed at her squirming. Fili quickly took a hold of Dawn, and pushed Thorin away.

"Leave her alone," Fili said. Thorin didn't even respond to him. Instead, he just ordered everyone up the rampard. As they began to go up the stairs, Fili did not let go of Dawn. "I am so sorry, Dawn," he kept saying over and over again.

"It's alright. Really." As they got to the top, Thorin grabbed Dawn's arm. HE then made her stand right in front, next to him.

"I want you to watch all of this. And I want that elf scum to see what I have," he said. Dawn saw in horror as the armies of men and elves were there. He put her there so she could see everything, especially when they would die.

The elven soldiers began to make way for Thranduil and Bard, who made their way to the front. Dawn could see Nendes riding behind them, but she remained with the soldiers. Before Thranduil's elk could make another step, Thorin shot a bow near the elks foot, making him stop.

"I will put the next one between your eyes!" he said, accompanied by the cheers of the company. Thranduil narrowed his eyes. Needs then shouted in elvish, and all the archers got ready to aim for the dwarves. All of the dwarves ducked down, except for Thorin. The archers then held their fire.

"We have come to tell you, payment of your debt has been offered, and accepted," said Thranduil.

"What payment. I gave you nothing. You have nothing!" Thorin said. Thranduil raised his eyes, and turned to Bard, who reached for something in his coat. He then pulled, to the horror of many, the Arkenstone. "We have this."