In an Elf's Perspective Part 2

Tauriel and I began to approach Thranduil's throne and bowed to him. it was more than obvious that The Balorat Su and the dwarf called Fili felt a slight fear in his presence. I could sense it from their eyes.

"My lord Thranduil: the Balorat Su," said Tauriel.

"My name is Dawn," the girl said under her breath. As Thranduil looked in wonder at the girl, he suddenly gave a look of surprise when seeing Fili.

"I do not recall asking for his presence," he said.

"It was the Balorat Su's request, sir. I believe she is struggling with the emerald fire, and he's some form of control," I said. Thranduil nodded and began to descend from his throne. I moved aside next to Tauriel and the male dwarf while Dawn stood in the center.

"I assume you're purpose in this company is to protect Thorin Oakenshield from dying an untimely death." Dawn seemed to avoid his cold stares.

"One's business should be their own. Especially when asked what their purpose is." Dawn snapped. Thranduil smiled and let out a light chuckle, barely heard.

"Spoken like a true woman of the court." He chuckled. "Do you know what happens when a Balorat Su dies? They are reborn. As a new race, with a new line to protect. The last was an elf." Thranduil paused and brought himself closer to Dawn. "My wife." I could see such hope in Thranduil's eyes. And it was more than obvious that Dawn had gotten even more scared.

"Larissa. That was your name." Thranduil then lifted her chin, And both Fili and I became stiff when we heard her shutter. Fili had such rage in his eyes, and Tauriel sensed it too, so she quickly placed her hand on his shoulder. "You look...EXACTLY like you did so long ago." The elfs had moved to her cheek.

"Larissa, you can stay with me. Forget the person you are now. Remember." As Thranduil leaned in even closer, I could see Dawn turn frozen.

"Larissa! Remember me!" he begged as he got to his knees. Tauriel and I couldn't help but gasp. King Thranduil, the most prideful elf in all of Middle Earth, was on his knees.

"But I don't know you!" the girl screamed. Thranduil then took both hands and cupped her face. "You might after this." Without warning, Thranduil pressed his lips against hers forcefully. Dawn exclaimed in shock.

And just then, all of Fili's protective instincts began to run, and he found enough strength to get out of Tauriels grasp. And grabbing a dagger hidden in his boot, ran ahead and sliced at Thranduil's' arm, therefore forcing him to separate from the girl.

"My Lord!" I shouted as I rushed over to his side, taking a light hold of his arm. "My lord, are you hurt?"

"I'm fine, Nendes," he reassured me. He instead took his intention to Fili, who was now standing in front of Dawn protectively.

"Don't you DARE touch her!" Fili growled.

"You little fool!" he shouted as two guards emerged and seized Fili's arms as Thranduil grabbed Dawn by the shoulders.

"Since the idiotic 'King Under the Mountain' didn't take my offer, I will kill each member until he does!" Thranduil then spoke to the guards in elvish, ordering them to take him back to his cell. "This one dies tomorrow!" he said, pointing a slender finger at Fili.

"NO!!!! FILI!!!!" Dawn screamed as she struggled from the kings grasp, as she tried desperately to reach the dwarf. In return, Fili was trying to squirm his way out of the soldiers grasp. Thranduil then let go of the girl, which lead to her falling to the ground.

"I'm sorry, Larissa...," Thranduil whispered. "Take her back to her cell. Until she remembers who she is."

Tauriel and I did our best to not think of the incident earlier during the Mereth Nuin Giliath celebration. It was vibrant. All were invited to the royal grotto, which was an immense privilege since it was one of the only places where one could see the outdoor world without being a soldier. It had a large opening to what made the appearance of a balcony, which gave a great view of the sky. And for this particular night, every star was lit, and they glowed a beautiful white. All were either dancing, eating, or drinking. Since I was considered a bit higher of class at this time, I was given a dress for the occasion. It was a halter dress of midnight blue, which was more than perfect for this special occasion. I found myself socializing with Legolas, and he began to stare a Tauriel, who was once again being unsocial.