Chapter 20

Dawn opened her eyes as if she was blinking only to realize that she fell asleep. And as she got into more focus. She noticed she was resting of Fili's chest.

"Evening, sleeping beauty," he greeted with a smile. Dawn began to sit up and stretched out her arms, but found herself once again resting on his chest, and he began to stroke her cheek with one hand as he held her hand in the other. His hands felt that odd satisfying cold on her skin.

"How long was I asleep?" she asked sleepily.

"Not long. But you missed a part where Thorin got picky on our weapons."

"What kind of weapons were they?"

"Ones used in desperate situations."

"Indeed," came Thorins voice. Dawn quickly sat up as she saw the entire company was there with them.

"We're going to get us all real weapons. You coming Fili?" Thorin questioned. Fili nodded and he stood up. Dawn did as well, but was soon stopped by him.

"I want you to stay here." Dawn eyes widened in surprise.

"Why? I'm as much of a part of this company as you are!" Dawn scolded.

"I know you are. But I don't want you to get hurt out there. You saw what the orcs were going tondo to you when we went down the river." Dawn rubbed her one wrist remembering how tight the orcs grasp was.

"But these are men! Not orcs!"

"But they can do worse! Please, Dawn. For me?" Dawn looked over to the company, then back at Fili and gave alight nod. Fili smiled and gave her a quick goodbye kiss. But before the company could leave, they then heard footsteps and found Bain, now with an expression saying "Dad is going to kill me."

"Where are you going!" Bain demanded.

"Your father is a good man to help us, and we thank you and your sisters for your hospitality. But these weapons cannot protect us from even the most unthreatening foe," said Thorin.

"But you can't! You'll get caught!"

"If we are to be caught, then it won't be for long, I can tell you." The company then left, leaving Dawn and Bain alone in the home. Bain then turned to the girl.

"And why aren't you going with them?"

"Personal request from one of them." Bain left it at that, but then still felt he could persuade them out of it. So he opened the door, only to find his father. And so he began to explain.

"Dad...I tried to stop them...but..."

"How long have they been gone?" Bard asked as he entered the house, a bit confused on Dawns presence.

"And they left one behind I see. Well, we better find them. It's almost dark. That means you as well," bard said, pointing towards to girl. So she then followed the two out of the house to find the company before they could get into any more trouble.