66. Spark at The Gala - Diana x male human autistic male reader (The Bad Guys)

AN: Greetings, to you lovely angels! How's your day been treating you? Smooth sailing so far? If it is, fantastic! And if not, don't worry, I'm here to lend a helping hand.

 This reques comes from, once again, GabeOwen6. Huge thanks for your wonderful request, GabeOwen6! I sincerely hope I meet your expectations with this response. However, if I fall short, please don't hesitate to let me know—I'm committed to doing my utmost to exceed them. :)

To all who are still tuned in, and even to those who aren't, remember that you are loved and appreciated!

--------------------------------------------

As the yearly gala to raise money for charity unfolded in the bustling city, it was clear that this year's event was a grand affair. The ballroom sparkled with opulent decorations, and guests from all walks of life mingled and chatted, their laughter filling the air.

At the heart of the event stood Diane Foxington, the esteemed governess of the city, radiating grace and elegance as she welcomed guests and ensured that everything ran smoothly. Known for her tireless dedication to charitable causes, Diane spared no expense in organizing this year's gala, determined to make it the most successful yet.

As the evening progressed, guests enjoyed gourmet cuisine, live music, and extravagant auctions, all in the name of raising funds for those in need. From CEOs to socialites to local community members, everyone had come together for a common cause, united by their desire to make a difference in the world.

Amidst the glitz and glamour of the gala, there was one individual who stood out, not for their extravagant attire or confident demeanor, but for their quiet and unassuming presence. The young man seemed overwhelmed by the bustling atmosphere; his unease evident as he fidgeted with his clip-on tie and avoided the lively conversations around him. And while others mingled and danced, he found solace in the quiet corners of the ballroom, observing the festivities from afar.

Despite his reservations, something compelled the young man to attend the gala—perhaps a longing to be a part of something greater than himself or a desire to support the noble causes championed by Diane Foxington.

As Diane navigated through the bustling crowd at the gala, her attention was drawn to the sight of the young man sitting solo at one of the tables. Intrigued, Diane politely excused herself from her current conversation and made her way directly toward him.

"Hi there," she greeted warmly, pulling out a chair and taking a seat across from him. "I couldn't help but notice that you seem a bit... out of sorts amidst all this excitement. Is everything okay?"

The young man looked up, startled by her sudden appearance, but found himself captivated by her warm smile and genuine concern. "Um, yeah, I'm fine," he replied, his voice soft but sincere. "I just... I'm not very good with crowds and... social stuff."

Diane nodded empathetically, her eyes reflecting understanding. "I can imagine it can be overwhelming," she said softly, reaching out a hand to gently rest on his. "But you know, you're not alone. Sometimes, even in a sea of people, it's okay to take a moment for yourself."

The young man's gaze dropped to her hand, caught off guard by its comforting touch, before lifting back to meet Diane's kind eyes. There was a warmth in her gaze that enveloped him, making him feel acknowledged and embraced in a manner unfamiliar to him.

"Thank you," he murmured, a shy smile playing on his lips as he started to loosen his grip on the clip-on tie, which hung loosely around his neck.

Diane returned the smile, her heart fluttering at the sight of his timid expression. "You're welcome," she replied warmly, her thumb gently stroking his hand in a reassuring gesture. "Hey, would you like to walk around with me? Maybe we can find a quieter spot away from the crowd."