54

Y/n had refreshed up and was now making their way to their seats. Miles, Adrian, Draco and Graham were excitedly talking about the teams while Y/n made her way up in silence. Narcissa turned to look at her, tilting her head. "Are you okay, sweet girl?" asked Narcissa. Y/n looked up at her mother, giving her a smile with the nod of her head.

"Yeah, i'm fine." said Y/n.

"Is it the talk with Benjamin you had earlier?" asked Narcissa. Y/n smiled softly, shaking her head.

"Really mum, i'm okay." said Y/n.

"Good job too, these Bulgarian blighters have been trying to cadge all the best places. . .ah, and here's Lucius!" said Fudge as they reached their seats.

"Ah, Fudge," Lucius, holding out his hand as he reached the Minister of Magic. "How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco?"

"No, no but I have met this young lady here, my, my, you've grown from the last time i've seen you, miss Y/n." said the minster. Y/n smiled softly, shaking his head. Fudge turned to the others. "How do you do, how do you do?" said Fudge, smiling and bowing to Narcissa. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr.
Oblansk — Obalonsk — Mr. — well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else — you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?"

Y/n turned to see the whole Weasley family, she made a face and turned to glance at Miles who smirked. "Good lord, Arthur," Lucius said softly. "What did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?"

"Dad!" Y/n nudged her father, narrowing her eyebrows and shaking her head.

Fudge, who wasn't listening, said, "Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest."

"How — how nice," said Mr. Weasley, with a very strained smile.

"It's going to be a long night." mumbled Y/n, taking her seat pulling out her drawing journal. Next moment, Ludo Bagman charged into the box.

"Everyone ready?" he said, his round face gleaming like a great, excited Edam. "Minister — ready to go?"

"Ready when you are, Ludo," said Fudge comfortably.

Ludo whipped out his wand, directed it at his own throat, and said "Sonorus!" and then spoke over the roar of sound that was now filling the packed stadium; his voice echoed over them, booming into every corner of the stands. "Ladies and gentlemen... welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!"

The spectators screamed and clapped. Thousands of flags waved, adding their discordant national anthems to the racket. The huge blackboard opposite them was wiped clear of its last message (Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans — A Risk With Every Mouthful!) and now showed BULGARIA: 0, IRELAND: 0.

"And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce ... the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!"
The right-hand side of the stands, which was a solid block of scarlet, roared its approval.

"I wonder what they've brought," Y/n heard Mr. Weasley, leaning forward in his seat. "Aaah!" He suddenly whipped off his glasses and polished them huriely on his robes. "Veela!"

Y/n looked up, seeing about hundred veela were now gliding out onto the field. The veela had started to dance, and Y/n turned to look at the boys who had were very unimpressed. She chuckled, shaking her head to see George nearly leaning off the railing while Fred tried to hold his brother back. "Georgie, will you sit down!" said Fred.