Chapter 4

It had been 2 moons since the dreadful badger attack, and since they were banished. Greenleaf was coming to an end. Stormfall padded away from the Medicine den after getting her wounds checked.

She Cloudsound, and Raincloud were finally allowed to go on patrols again. Treekit and Duckkit had reached their fifth moon, and Leopardkit became Leopardpaw, Clawkit became Clawpaw, their mentors being Flameheart and Foxfur. They hadn't even been six moons! Swiftkit hadn't become an apprentice because Hazeleyes thought she wasn't ready. Not ready! Swiftkit had done more than enough to prove she was ready! She sighed, joining the dawn patrol. Raincloud, Stripetail, Goldenpool waited at the entrance of the camp, while Swiftkit pranced around Raincloud.

Swiftkit bounced excitedly underneath Stormfall's raised paw. "Shouldn't you be in the nursery with Hazeleyes?"

Raincloud looked at the kit with admiration. "Since Leopardpaw and Clawpaw are out of the nursery, Hazeleyes started patrols again." Raincloud let out a soft growl as he spoke, "Hazeleyes went on a border patrol, Smallclaw is busy," Raincloud let a snarl too quiet for Swiftkit to hear. "So, Finchstar said I could take Swiftkit out for a patrol." Raincloud puffed his chest in pride.

"She was originally going to be my apprentice anyways." Raincloud beamed.

"I'm going to be a better warrior than Leopardpaw and Clawpaw!" Swiftkit puffed out her chest.

"Just because I didn't have a ceremony means nothing!" Stormfall admired the young cat's positiveness.
Her father and mother had rejected her, her to-be mentor had been banished, her littermates had been made apprentices without her, how did the little she-kit cope?

"Whose leading this patrol?" Stormfall asked, kneading the ground.
"Stripetail." Raincloud answered flicking his thick tail at Stripetail.
"What are we waiting for?" She glanced at Stripetail who was looking at the entrance.
"Finchstar ordered for my patrol to stay put until Smallclaw and his patrol returned. I didn't ask why." She answered.
Why had Finchstar ordered this?

Stormfall heard a rustle come from the thicket before Smallclaw appeared with Pinefall, Flameheart, and Leopardpaw in tow.

Stormfall heard a light snarl come from Smallclaw to Raincloud. Raincloud snarled back, giving no hint of hesitation.

Leopardpaw hissed something into Swiftkit's ear, she tried to listen, but only heard "Sorry, sorry that you aren't good enough!" She hissed. Swiftkit glared at her sister in shock. Pinefall looked at Stripetail with worry.

What was happening to her clan?

"Don't try taking my daughter from me." She heard Smallclaw whisper to Raincloud.
"I won't have to. You've already done it yourself." He retorted.

"Let's go." Stripetail ordered, obviously sensing the tension between the patrols. They padded out of camp, passing Petalear who was standing guard. We climbed the ravine, moving swiftly. When it was Swiftkit's turn, Raincloud dragged her up.

She let out a soft growl. Was that, jealousy? Was she jealous of the attention Swiftkit was getting from Raincloud? Why would she be jealous?

"This is the RiverClan border. Never go here alone. RiverClan doesn't seem happy with ThunderClan right now." Raincloud flicked his tail at Sunningrocks. At the last battle, ThunderClan had lost Sunningrocks, including a brave warrior named Smokeheart. RiverClan may have won Sunningrocks, but they lost two warriors, and an apprentice. Of course, we didn't try to kill them, we only fought like them. Having little prey due to the water's low hight didn't help the RiverClan cats.

"Let's refresh the scent marks." Stripetail ordered.
Raincloud showed Swiftkit by a bush while Stormfall did the same on a large rock. After the patrol finished, Stripetail sent Raincloud and Swiftkit to the sandy clearing to practice a few battle moves while the rest of the patrol hunted by the owl tree.

Raincloud's Followers-The Falling Storm Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें