Chapter 5

Key:
------ time difference
~~~~Point of view change

Aftermath of ShadowClan Battle:
It was all my fault. I should've been there. I should've been dead. I should've been the cat under his claws!
Not her!

Present, During the Battle:

"ShadowClan, Attack!" Yowled a furious Marshscar.

Raincloud spotted Finchstar leap down from the Highrock, Stormfall close at his side.
"Raincloud, go check the battle!" Prickleface yowled.

Racing through the camp, he reached the battle.

Finchstar and Stormfall were attacking Marshscar with all their might.

Needlestep and Rollthump tussled.

Daisyheart was helping Leopardpaw defend the camp entrance from and unknown tom. "Flintpaw!" The tom called.

Duskhollow flew herself at Sleekfoot after pushing herself off of a tom cat he didn't recognize. The tom speed towards the camp entrance. "Coming, Briskclaw!"

Lionfang and Littlescar slashed at Ratfang with every bit if strength.

He finally spotted a black she cat with a white ringed tail laying in the midst of the battle. "Stripetail!" He called, no answer. He sprinted towards her. Picking her up the scruff, he dragged her into the camp. Flintpaw tried stopping him, but he simply flung him off with a hind leg.

Rainpaw looked in horror at Stripetail.
"She's not dead, just take care of her!" He hissed. The medicine cat needed directions? It was battle!

He headed out into the battle again to see Briskclaw's tail disappear into the camp. He dragged Rollthump next to the thorn barrier while Whitepelt defended the wounded warrior.

He clambered into the camp just in time to see Swiftkit slip through Yowlpaw and Cloudsound.

"Swiftkit! Come here!" Yowlpaw darted to grab her but Flintpaw stopped in front of him. The apprentice was much older and stronger than Yowlpaw by the looks of it.

Briskclaw snarled.

"Leave my clan alone! Fox dung ShadowClan!" Swiftkit hissed, pouncing on Briskclaw's foreleg.

Briskclaw snorted and shook Swiftkit off his leg. "Are you to weak to have your warriors fight now? So you put your kits on guard duty?" He snorted again.

"Leave her alone!" Needlestep had came into the camp, blocking Raincloud from Swiftkit and Briskclaw.

"Don't hurt her!" Rainpaw looked at the ShadowClan warriors with terror.

Briskclaw chuckled. "Oops!" Briskclaw flung his great unsheathed paw at Swiftkit for the death blow.

"No!" Raincloud leaped, but not soon enough. He heard a high pitched squeak from Swiftkit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cloudsound wished he could erase what just happened. He heard a screech come from Daisyheart outside the camp. He and Yowlpaw shared a look. Yowlpaw dipped his head in understanding.

He raced out of camp dragging Flintpaw with him. He tossed the apprentice where Whitepelt and Clawpaw tackled him. Briskclaw was driven out by Raincloud and Hazeleyes. He was now laying on the ground twitching beside a grieving Cedarpaw.

He raced towards Daisyheart who lay still but alive beneath Ratfang's muscular body.

He yowled, leaping onto Ratfang. Ratfang clawed at his belly. Raking his claws on Ratfang's muzzle he pinned Ratfang. Ratfang yowled in pain as Cloudsound let his full wait topple onto him. His belly was exposed, so he clawed at it.