Chapter 14

Yay! We're on chapter 14! Just a shout out to all those people reading this! Thanks for helping me get this far, without you, this book would be just another one of those books people scroll past. It probably grows more attention from the cover...

C.H.
She had zoned out, her ears no longer perked, but drooped. She was about to get up and walk home when a sudden ball of fur came flying towards her.

"Ow!" Raincloud yanked his leg away from the stinging pain. "It stings!" He growled. Rainwind rolled his eyes. "Oh, get over it. It doesn't hurt very long." Rainwind murmured, slapping on another layer of poultice. Raincloud hissed in pain, but kept his leg still. "Ouch," Duckpaw murmured, walking over to sit beside Rainwind.

"Duckpaw! Come here, leave them be." Stormfall called to her apprentice, signaling for her to follow.
"But Rainwind promised me that he would show me what herb he used on Raincloud." Duckpaw muttered and walked over to her mentor.
"You're not a medicine cat apprentice, so it shouldn't matter to you." Stormfall murmured harshly, flicking her tail. "But what if I get separated from you? How will I cure myself if I don't know how to use herbs?" Duckpaw asked, her innocent eyes glimmering with a challenge.

"It could help her, you know. She's got a point." Raincloud murmured. Rainwind nodded his agreement. Stormfall gave a glare. "She's my apprentice, and she'll learn my way." Stormfall disappeared with Duckpaw chasing after. "She needs to chill out. It's not like a crime or anything that she wants to learn about a few leaves." Yowlstripe muttered, stalking towards Swiftpaw with a squirrel.

"Here, eat this. Normally you would give it to the elders, but we're kinda are out of those." He mewed, dropping the squirrel.

Raincloud thought for a moment. "I don't think it's that she's worried about." He mewed, standing up. "Where did you find the herbs, anyway?" He asked Rainwind.

Rainwind continued to bury leaves and small nettles into cracks of rocks near an alder tree. "Out near the thunderpath." He murmured. He nodded. "Is it a good supply?" He asked, not caring much about herbs, but he knew they could someday come in handy.

"No, not really. This was the last of it." Rainwind looked up to meet his gaze, a flicker of concern clouding his pale blue eyes.

"Oh." He meowed, turning to see Swiftpaw and Treepaw sharing Yowlstripe's squirrel. "Have you ate yet?" He asked his friend's former apprentice. "No," Yowlstripe muttered. "Why not?" He asked. He had eaten already, but that was because Rainwind forced him to.

"Because I haven't had time, I guess. Cloudsound has me hunting so much, you'd think I'm still his apprentice." Yowlstripe scoffed playfully, sitting down in the lush grass. He sat beside him, wincing at his muscles aching. "Get in your nest, Raincloud!" Rainwind scolded lightly. He trudged into the single den they all shared.

His nest was soft with moss, and he couldn't help but drift to sleep.

Stormfall's P.O.V.

"Duck! Roll! Leap! Sprint!" Stormfall hissed, watching her apprentice do the tasks and leap and run throughout the clearing.

"I'm too tired," Duckpaw panted, stopping after her short sprint.

"Fine. Go back to camp and get something to eat. Afterward, you'll be coming with Treepaw, Cloudsound and I to try and find Sunflower." She dismissed her apprentice with a wave of her tail. Duckpaw was quick to leave.

Stormfall sat, ears perked and on the lookout. She started to lick her paw, cleaning out the fur left in. She hadn't slept at all since the fox attack, it now being two sunrises after. She had zoned out, her ears no longer perked, but drooped. She was about to get up and walk home when a sudden ball of fur came flying towards her. "Gotcha!" A cat hissed with joy. She pummeled to the ground and screeched. A nearby starling let out its long call.