Chapter 12

Hint:
"Flywing, take Duckpaw back to camp, come back and-"

Stormfall's P.O.V.

Stormfall padded uneasily towards Rainwind, who had just raced into camp.
"What's wrong? Where's Duckpaw?" She asked, thinking of possible situations, scared.

"With Raincloud, foxes," Rainwind panted. There's not a scratch on him! Where are they?
"Stormfall, Cloudsound, and Birchbark. He said to go find Duckpaw." He said fully after he had caught his breath.

Fear struck through Stormfall. "Duckpaw is alone with foxes!?" She hissed worriedly. Then she was hit hard by an old memory. Redflame. A small breeze hit her and made her shudder.

"Well, no, she is a warrior apprentice, and Raincloud's with her." Stormfall sighed.
"With Raincloud? How do you know he didn't leave her by herself?" So far, Flywing, Birchbark, and Cloudsound had just stared at the new medicine cat.

"Can I come with?" Treepaw bounced in front of her.
"No, Raincloud said for the apprentices and Yowlstripe to stay." Rainwind replied for her.
"But my sister and my mentor are out there! Why can't I?" The tom asked furiously.

"Because! We need you to guard the fresh-kill pile." Rainwind snapped, both Swiftpaw and Treepaw hung their heads low and padded towards the den, sliding inside.

"Is there any way I can help?" Yowlstripe asked kindly.
"Yes," Stormfall thought, then replied, "Keep the apprentices busy. If we don't come back by dusk, come search for us." The golden black stripe tom nodded and padded off.

"Who made you leader?" Cloudsound chuckled briefly. "Come on, we can't fool around. My apprentice could be sliced by now!" She hissed, racing away, following Raincloud's scent trail.

"I don't think she'd be sliced quite yet!" Flywing muttered while tailing just behind her. Duckpaw's scent grew stronger. Almost there, her thoughts raced almost as fast as her legs.

"Stormfall? Stormfall!" Her apprentice's mew sounded worried. The light ginger she-cat turned and ran towards her patrol.
"Where's Raincloud?" Cloudsound hissed beside her.
Flywing was checking her daughter's fur for possible wounds and purring in joy.
"Not a scratch on you," Flywing murmured, no longer purring.

"Rainwind said there was a fox, now where's Raincloud?" Cloudsound hissed again.
"He went that way!" Duckpaw aimed her tail away from camp. Is he mouse-brained? "Flywing, take Duckpaw back to camp, come back and-" Stormfall's ears nearly shattered from a screech.
"Raincloud!" She gasped. Stormfall's heart beated wildly.

Althouh she didn't think about it, the screech wasn't of physical pain, from the poor tom.

Haha. I know, cliffhangers. They're my thing in this book.
Short chapter too, but, hey, it's an update.
I feel so mean.....