Chapter 13

Hint:

"Why can't you lose me? I'm just an annoying furball." He murmured.

Are you excited? I am! Don't worry, no one will die. Unless Raincloud decides he wants to,... Okay, I honestly don't think I could write a suicide. :) Unless you want me to...

Raincloud's P.O.V. 

Raincloud ran as fast as he could again, thrumming his paws on the soft earth. Dirt flung behind him, making the foxes angry. "Flea bags, come and get me!" He muttered. He stopped in a patch of bracken to take a breath, safe from the foxes for a bit. "Raincloud!?" Stormfall's call caught him off guard. The foxes' paws were getting louder. 

"Stormfall!" He called back. Then he recognized Cloudsound and Birchbark. "Raincloud!!" 

The foxes were only a few tree lengths away. I have to face them. I can't run away, not when Stormfall needs me.  He stood up and slithered out of the bracken. Racing at full speed, he lunged onto a fox. In an instant, he was squashed between two of the foxes while the third clawed at his tail. He made a shreak so furious that birds squawked. 
"Stormfall, Cloudsound!" He yowled with all his might. 

He managed to push off the foxes but fell under the strain. The foxes snarled and barked. He slowly stood up and attacked the closest fox. A brown pelt flashed in front of him. "We're here!" Birchbark yowled, taking on the fox attacking Raincloud. 

Cloudsound's familiar pelt along with Stormfall's was at his side in an instant. "Go, take him back to camp let Rainwind treat him!" Cloudsound ordered Stormfall. Stormfall desperately stared at Cloudsound, leaning over Raincloud. Cloudsound jumped onto a fox's back.

Stormfall shouldered Raincloud to his feet gently. "No, I can fight! I'll die trying!" He hissed, his gaze filled with despair. 
"No." Stormfall snarled. 

Her tone surprised him. "Why not?" He asked as a fox started to limp away. 

Stormfall sighed. "Because I can't lose you, now let's go!" The two padded as fast as they could, although it was pretty slow. Cloudsound and Birchbark had narrowed down the fight to only one fox.

"Why can't you lose me? I'm just an annoying furball." He murmured. Stormfall didn't reply but just kept padding on.

"Go! We can fight it off and drive them out." Birchbark growled, leaping into a fury.

He nodded solemnly and began limping faster. They were only a bit ways from camp.

"Raincloud!" Flywing came hurrying towards him, her black shiny fur bristling and worry caught in her eyes. Fear grazed her eyes more than ever after she reached them, realizing how many wounds they had. Grief flooded to Flywing's gaze when she realized her mate was not with them. "Whe- Where's Birchbark?" Flywing's body tensed. 

Raincloud groaned when Flywing left his gaze and started to lick his cheek, where a scar was placed.  

"He's with Cloudsound, and in fine condition," Stormfall replied, their fur still touching, soothing him. 

Cloudsound's P.O.V. 

"Fox dung!" Birchbark growled as the stopped, the foxes running away out of the known territory. 

"What?" He panted. "I think I snagged a claw." All of Birchbark's fur was matted down or sticking out with clumps. Cloudsound looked over at himself. His white fur had red stains, and ear had been torn, and a scratch made his nose bleed. "Ouch." His nose stung whenever he would breathe through his nose. "That's gonna hurt when its treated." He thought out loud, Birchbark wriggling his forepaw with pain.
"Let's go catch up." He murmured and the two toms balanced on each other to their way home.

Stormfall's P.O.V. 

Flywing kept glancing back to look for Birchbark and Cloudsound. "They'll be fine, they've handled foxes before." Raincloud was tense beside her, and so was Flywing. Stormfall just hoped that Flywing wasn't thinking of her own brother, Redflame, and the accident with Spottedflower. Flywing had told Stormfall straight up that she had feelings for Redflame after he had become mates with Spottedflower. Stormfall pushed away the thought. She had to get back to their den so Rainwind could treat Raincloud. 

"I'm gonna go back there to see if they're coming." The trio stopped slowly. "No. There could be foxes still," Raincloud tried to persuade his sister. "Let her go, Birchbark and Cloudsound are fine." Stormfall rolled her eyes and continued to walk with Raincloud and Flywing gave a respected look towards Stormfall. 
She stifled a purr once Flywing was out of sight.

"What's so funny?" Raincloud grumbled, his soft amber eyes flickered onto her. 

"Oh, nothing." Stormfall sighed with ecstasy. 

"Huh." Raincloud muttered, licking her ear. She perked her head with shock. She tried to hide it, but Raincloud stopped to sit and purr. "Let's go, you need your wounds treated." She managed to say without muffling her words. "I guess." Raincloud stood again and they began trekking again. 
Stormfall badly wanted to ask why he had responded to her so oddly, but decided it was just normal and that they were just friends. 

Sorry, I know, kinda short chapter. Lol. Happy late Earth Day!!!!!!!