Chapter 7 Part 2

Stormfall winced. "Stormfall, can I speak with you?" She turned around to see a cat so unpleasing.

She sighed, "Fine, but make it quick." She didn't want to be tired for tomorrow's journey, especially if she had to carry Treekit.

"Ha, make it quick she says." Smallclaw snorted.
"Let's make a deal," He said padding towards the camp entrance. As if she couldn't control herself she followed.

"What deal?" She asked, a hint of concern pricking her voice.
"If you want to father kits, could they be mine?" He asked with an intimidating glare.
What!? Father his kits!? After all of this! Besides, I'm banished. Why would he like me?
"Why would you want that? From me, a banished rogue?" She carefully questioned. The gaze in his eyes seemed to jump for joy at the question.
"Because, your beautiful, and that tom Raincloud doesn't seem to want to be your mate, so, I thought I could help." Smallclaw shrugged his huge tabby, handsome- wait, what?! Shoulders. He gave her a look that sent shivers down her spine, making her feel good.
"Of course he does!" She prayed to StarClan she was right. They had left the camp and now were heading towards Fourtrees.
Smallclaw wrapped his tail around her spine, again sending shivers.

"If he does, then why don't we find out. I could make you mine." She couldn't carry his kits. She wanted to have Raincloud's.
"You already have a mate! Remember Hazeleyes? She has your kits!" She yowled. This tom was a complete furball!

Smallclaw snorted. "Why should I miss out on you? We could have the most beautiful, healthy, strong kits in ThunderClan." He persuaded.

"But I'm leaving tomorrow, and I'm a rogue now." She said, sounding hopeful he would leave her alone.
"That doesn't matter, I can tell the clan your carrying my kits." He answered blankly.
It did sound like a good deal, and she did kinda like this tom. But could she leave her friends?
" I don't know, what about my friends? I can't just leave them."

"You'll have me, and we could rule ThunderClan together." Smallclaw mewed, flicking his tail towards her. "We could even have kits."
"Have kits? With you? Not ever!" She hissed, turning away.

Smallclaw snorted smugly. "Well, that tom you like doesn't seem to like you back much."

Her heart lurched. Who was he talking about? "What do you mean?" She asked, pricking her ears.
"Raincloud, of course." Smallclaw had a devious look in his amber eyes.
"Wh- What do you, mean?" She asked nervously.

"What do you mean?" He mocked. "You obviously like him, no matter how much he doesn't like you back! That's why I'm here, for you." Smallclaw's suspicious gaze raked her pelt.
Her heart felt like it had shriveled into pieces, then had exploded and no one bothered to put it back together.

"Raincloud loves me!" She hissed.

"Oh really? Prove it."
She sat in thought for a few heartbeats, every second getting more doubtful.
"Right." Smallclaw scoffed.

"He saved me from the badger." She pointed out proudly.

"So he could save those RiverClan kits." Smallclaw argued.

She thought again, "What about that flood when we were apprentices?" She mewed hopefully.

"He followed you, he did nothing to save you."

She sighed, her heartbeat quickening, "What about when a branch broke off the Owl Tree, he pushed me out of the way then."

"Yeah, brilliant Raincloud. He pushed you onto the frozen river," Smallclaw contradicted scornfully.