Chapter 10

Oh. My. Gosh. Yay! Finally got to chapter ten! Whoo hoo! Like it so far? Well, you probably do if your still reading this. If your wondering, I'm probably going have 30 to 50 chapters in this book.

Best C. H. Ever:
"Sorry, I can't. I'm not interested in a mate." Raincloud was baffled.

"They need to learn sometime." Birchbark argued. Raincloud sighed. "Yowlpaw is already 3 moons older than a finished apprentice." Cloudsound added.
"I can't teach them everything forever." Flywing murmured.

"I will hold a meeting then." He answered.
"What about Rainpaw?" Stormfall asked. Oops, I forgot about him. "I guess," he slowly mewed. It wasn't like Rainpaw was his apprentice.

He jumped onto the rock he had been using for announcements.
"Please gather to hear my words." He called. Flywing gathered her kits and Swiftkit, sitting next to Birchbark. Cloudsound sat proudly next to Yowlpaw, who was licking his chest fur.

Stormfall sat near the base of the rock.

"Rainpaw, he will serve us as our medicine cat, and has earned his full name. Normally this tradition is held by his mentor, but his mentor can no longer assist." He phased, thinking of what his name could be. Rainheart? No, Rainpelt? Rainface? Rainfur?
As if answering, a faint, familiar voice whispered , "Rainwind."

"His name will be Rainwind, in honor of the hard times we will have, and the storms we will go through."

"Rainwind! Rainwind!" The group cheered, congratulating there new medicine cat. "We still have three kits to make apprentices, and a warrior." He mewed gently, dismissing the chattering.

"Swiftkit, Treekit, and Duckkit have reached their sixth moon," he mewed,
"Or season." Scoffed Stormfall.

"And they have shown us they are capable and can become apprentices." He said, gazing at the three excited kits. "Under the power of StarClan, I name three apprentices. Treepaw, Duckpaw, and Swiftpaw." He used different words, I don't want to offend StarClan, not when they aren't in my favor.
"Duckpaw, your mentor will be Stormfall. I will mentor Swiftpaw and Treepaw, myself." He mewed. I promised to mentor Swiftpaw, but Treepaw is a promising cat. I can't decide. "With the help of our newest warrior." Yowlpaw looked up in shock.
"Yowlpaw, do promise to defend your group and uphold the warrior code at all costs?"
"I do."
"Then, under the powers of StarClan, I grant you your warrior name. From this moment on, you will be known as Yowlstripe. We honor your courage and bravery." He finished.

"Yowlstripe, Treepaw, Duckpaw, Swiftpaw!" The cats cheered with joy. Treepaw is my apprentice, He thought, and so is Swiftpaw.

"Mentors and apprentices, please meet underneath the tall oak."
The tall oak was a, well, a really tall oak tree. It was near the make shift camp, and it had little undergrowth around it for perfect training.

He leaped down from the rock and met Stormfall, Yowlstripe, Treepaw, Swiftpaw, and Duckpaw in the small plain clearing.

"What should we do?" Stormfall asked. "We have no territory." She added.
Why did it matter what he thought? He wasn't leader or anything. 

"What you think is best." He mewed irritably.
He was getting aggravated with how much these cats cared about his opinion.

"It's not like I'm leading this patrol." He mewed calmly.
"Fine. Without you, I'll go and show Duckpaw the area. I'll be better off without following you."
Following me? What was she talking about, Following? He sighed.