Promises broken

Brooklyns PoV

"You look fucking hot" Nat shrieks as I step out of the bathroom and back into my bedroom. I smile and twirl round "you like it?" I smugly smile. "Like it? I love it. Yes rooky" she points at my joker Halloween costume. "Do you think Regina will recognise me?" I ask placing the hand with the smile drawn on it up to my mouth. "Not a chance. Do you know what she's going as?" She asks standing off the bed and smoothing out her outfit. "No so it'll be a surprise for sure. You look good too Nat" I smile seeing her looking in the mirror. "Oh I know I'll be the sexiest policewoman there for sure" she clicks her tongue as my mom bursts into my bedroom. Clutching her hands over her mouth she looks at the both of us "you guys look amazing! Let me take a picture come on get together". My mom fusses as nat and I stand together for a photo. "Cute! Are you meeting Regina there honey?" My mom asks looking at the photo she just took. "Yeh I think so mom. Is it ok if she stays here after?" I ask seeing Nat wiggle her eyebrows. "Yes honey of course, you know Regina's always welcome" my mom says sitting down on my bed. "I hope that applies to me too Mrs p" Nat smiles flirtatiously at my mother. "Yes Nat you're always welcome here... for Brooklyn" my mom points standing up from my bed and walking to the door. "Now behave, no drinking. When will you be home?" My mom stands at the door looking at me. "I won't be late mom but maybe late enough that you will be in bed" I smile hoping she doesn't demand me home sooner. "That's ok honey. I trust you and phone me if you need me ok?" I nod as my mom begins to close the door. "Love you mom" "love you Brooklyn" "love you Mrs p" "yep have a good night Nat" I laugh seeing Nat throw herself down on my bed.

Regina's PoV

This party is boring Iv had a few drinks and I do feel slightly buzzed but it's still boring. Parties used to be exciting but now I'm just chatting with people I don't really want to chat to and ... I miss Brooklyn. Spring fling. Once I get that crown I don't care who knows I'm with Brooklyn. But till then I need to be the girl who has everyone on their knees. Especially Shane Oman and Aaron Samuals. I grab my purse and pull my phone out to message Brooklyn when I notice someone walk in... wearing a ... is it a wedding dress? A black wig and ... is that false teeth? I watch as Gretchen walks straight up to her, I think it's Cady. Instead of messaging Brooklyn I decide to message Gretchen who looks at me panicked.

Regina - is that Cady?
Regina - mess
Regina - who invited her?
Gretchen - Aaron did
Regina - WTF?!?
Gretchen - CADY LIKES AARON

I'm sorry what? My blood instantly boils. Cady fucking heron is not taking my leftovers. Not a fucking chance. Nope. I see Cady walk away from Gretchen as I fume. There's no way in hell I'm allowing the whole school to think Cady heron can take what's mine. Aaron samuals is mine. Regardless of the fact I have zero feelings for the boy he's fucking mine. I need the school to think I have Aaron and Shane hanging on my every word. Not that I'm second fucking place to CADY HERON. I'm going to find Aaron and I'm going to tell him how weird she is. That way he will stay away from her.

I watch as Aaron leaves Cady to go get her a drink so I walk up to her and whisper in her ear "I think you and Aaron would be a really cute couple". She smiles at me as I move round the front of her "really?". This girl has no idea I'm playing her "yeh I just said so ... don't be thirsty... you know I could talk to him for you? If you want". She smiles up at me and asks "you would do that for me?". Biting my lip I look at her as my plan comes into motion "trust me. I know how to play it".

Brooklyns PoV

"So who are you after tonight? Is it a girl on the team or a cheerleader again?" I ask Nat as I drive us to the party. "Who knows ... I'm not really fussy as you know. Anyone that's up for a good time" she replies pulling down the mirror and checking herself out for the hundredth time. "Do you not ever want more Nat?" I ask as she laughs. "Bro ... up until recently Iv watched you pine after a girl who just mucked you around. I watched you get hurt over and over again, some would say you scarred me" she flicks the mirror up as I remain focused on the road. "It's not like that now though Nat" I reply looking at her briefly. "Yeh I know ... maybe if I find the right girl then yeh maybe I'll actually date. Are you excited to see Regina?" I can see the house and all the cars parked outside. "Really excited" I smile parking the car and opening the door. "Remember though your on duty to keep me away from her" I smile as we walk up to the door. Class mates pouring out of the house with the blaring music. "Oh don't you worry I plan too" Nat smacks my back as we walk in through the door. "Hi Brooklyn" Cady smiles "hi Cady" I smile politely back. "You need to come with me" she grabs my hand and leads me into the kitchen where my stomach drops.