Truth time

Regina's PoV

"What do you think purple tastes like?" Karen whispers to me as we sit at lunch waiting on Cady. Gretchen sits down as I ask "where's Cady?". "I don't know... surprised you don't know" I look at her confused as she shrugs her shoulders. Cady struts in two minutes later waving as she strides with confidence. What's happened to little clueless Africa? "What's for you so happy?" I ask as she sits down applying lipstick. "Oh nothing" she says smiling whilst she looks at Brooklyn. "Hmm it seems you have something to say Cady why not just blurt it out?" I sass ripping open another of these damn kalteen bars. "I don't kiss and tell" she mutters whilst Karen gasps "I kiss and tell". I see her look back over to Brooklyn who isn't even looking at her "did you kiss Brooklyn?". She looks at me unbothered ... like she's challenging me "I don't kiss and tell Regina". She flicks her hair over her shoulder before turning to Karen. "How many candy canes did you get Karen?" She asks slyly. Karen who is totally oblivious to the tension rising here replies "4 and a half". I screw my face up and face her "who gave you half a candy cane?". "I don't know it just said to Karen ... the from must have been on the other half of the candy cane" she shrugs her shoulders before asking Cady "how many did you get?". I begin to switch off until I hear "I got two one from a friend and one from Brooklyn". "Brooklyn sent you a candy cane?" My voice raised catching some attention from near by tables. "Mhm just saying thanks for being a great friend" she smiles turning and looking at Brooklyn again. She ... sent ... a candy cane ... to fucking Cady!!! That's it Iv had enough I'm not watching this anymore I'm ... "Regina we need to talk". I don't realise Iv stood up and half way towards Brooklyn until Aaron asks to speak to me. "Ok? Just say what you need to" "not here follow me" he points towards the hallway.

"I need to hear you say it... I need to hear your version" he says quietly as we stand in the janitors closet. "What do you mean?" I ask furious at the lingering thought of Cady getting a candy cane from Brooklyn. "Are you in love with Brooklyn?" I freeze right in front of him. How does he know this. "Who said that to you?" I ask trying to change the subject as I flick my hair over my shoulder. "Please Regina ... be honest with me. I could have had this conversation in front of everyone but I chose to do it quietly ... please be honest" I look at Aaron for a moment figuring out what to say to him. "Iv been in love with Brooklyn since middle school ... we fooled around before she left and when she came back ... we were kinda together. And I messed it up" I whisper to him as he stands opposite me. "If you love her why did you mess it up Regina?" He asks me softly ... I was expecting Aaron to be mad. I can feel the tears welling in my eyes "at the time ... I wanted spring fling ... I wanted prom queen and selfishly I hated the thought of Cady swooping in and taking everything that's mine". "And now?" He asks lifting my face to look at him "now all I want is Brooklyn". He leans against the wall inhaling a large breath "can I tell you a secret?" I nod at him. "I kinda like Cady ... the Cady that first came here though ... not the version she's becoming" "the version like me?" We both laugh sadly. "You're not all that bad ... it's just the version you put out for everyone ... the real Regina is hidden away" he smiles. "There's only one person who got the real Regina ..." I think bringing my nails up to my mouth and chewing. "Regina your a bad ass why aren't you shouting to the school that your in love with her?" He asks as I pause to word it perfectly. "Iv abused her trust constantly and then I finally won it back. She broke up with me the night of Halloween when she saw me kiss you. Which wasn't fair on you and I'm sorry about that. I think before she went away ... I was young and I didn't care about hurting her ... I knew she would always come back to me and I loved the attention from everyone, she loved my attention solely and I loved the attention I got from everyone at school. Ironically... I realised ... it's not about everyone's attention but about one persons attention ... I realised that Halloween night. She was changing me... making me grow up and in true Regina George fashion I messed it up. She's better off without me... she deserves to be with someone who she can trust ... and that'll never be me" I finish shrugging my shoulders sadly. "She really did change you didn't she?" He laughs as I punch his arm. "Why don't we ... break up and remain friends?" He asks putting his hand out. Grabbing his hand I pull him into a hug "thank you Aaron" I whisper kissing him on the cheek. "You're welcome Regina ... if only I had a candy cain showing how good a friend I am" he teases as he nods to the door. Swinging the door open I'm hit with karma for all the bad things Iv done ... when I see Brooklyn catching us coming out of the closet.