The meltdown

Brooklyn PoV

The last few weeks have been weird to say the least. Cady and I have been getting along great. Regina has given up trying to speak to me but that doesn't stop her looking at me whenever she can. Iv been throwing myself into soccer with Nat trying to take my mind off north shores it couple. Regina and Aaron were homecoming royalty for the pep rally. A sprinkler accidentally went off and sprayed Regina right in the face whilst she was on stage. Soaking her and making her make up run down her face. The next day was awful, everywhere I turned i jumped out of my skin seeing a girl sporting the running mascara look. Everything Regina does becomes a trend and it's annoying.

"Hey Brooklyn" I smile hearing Cady come up behind me whilst I open my locker

"Hey Brooklyn" I smile hearing Cady come up behind me whilst I open my locker. "Hi Cady and how are you today?" I ask smiling at her as I turn to face her. "I'm good. Tired though after following you over to Ridgemont high last night" she teases pushing my shoulder slightly. "I'm glad you came but i hope you didn't feel like you had to come" I say closing my locker and leaning against it. "I wanted to come. Of course I did. Also I hope you don't mind but I'm repping you today" she turns round smiling as she points to my hoodie. A pain shoots through my chest momentarily as I think about how I left that hoodie with Regina, Regina who clearly didn't care much for it when she gave it to Cady. "It looks good on you" I smile seeing her blush. "Yeh well I wanted to show off the girl who scored the winning goal" she smiles as the bell rings. "Care to walk to class milady?" I bend over slightly putting on the fakest English accent I can muster. "Why yes madam" she copies my English accent ... well tries ... mine was better.

"I hope you sent me a candy cane bitch" Nat smacks my bum between classes as I swap over books at my locker. "Depends... did you send me one?" I smile knowing fine well she did. "For my best bitch? Obviously" she smiles looking at me as she waits for my answer. "Yes Nat I sent you a candy cane" I laugh seeing her jump in the air celebrating. "In another life time you and I would be happily married by now" she grins leaning against the locker next to mine. "By now? We are in high school Nat" I laugh as she shrugs and looks the other way. "Did you send one to a miss heron?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows. "I did ... as a friend though" I try to squash whatever dream she's having of Cady and I as she ignores me completely. "Mhm I'll talk about it that at your wedding. I see she's sporting your training hoodie today" Nat points looking at Cady standing by her locker. "Yeh that's the one Regina gave her" I mumble looking at the hoodie. "Oh sorry ... incoming" she grimaces as I turn and face the locker knowing that means Regina's walking down the hall.

Regina's PoV

I notice Brooklyn turning into her locker again as Nat whispers to her. Brooklyn ignoring me is driving me crazy. My mom won't stop going on and on about how I need to make up with Brooklyn because she makes me happy. Like I don't know that. Cady has been slowly inching herself closer and closer to Brooklyn and it's honestly killing me. Walking past Brooklyn I decide to grab Aaron's hand hoping to get some sort of a rise out of her. "Hey girl, are you sending any candy canes this year?" Cady asks as we approach her. Is she ... no she can't be. "Oh I don't send them I just get them... are you joining the soccer team?" I ask pointing to the training hoodie she's wearing. "Em ... no someone gave it to me" she says quietly looking at Aaron. Did Aaron give it to her? "Don't be sketchy who gave it to you?" I ask pressuring her to show me. She turns slightly allowing me to see the Patterson lettering on the back. I can see the blush on her face as she turns back around. "Are you dating Patterson?" Aaron asks as I stand there fuming. That can't be my one can it? The one Iv searched everywhere for. "No just been hanging out" cady replies holding Aaron's gaze. Looking at him briefly he looks hurt as I turn my attention back to Cady "Brooklyn gave you it?" I ask already dreading the answer. "Yeh she gave it to me a couple of weeks ago ... after the home coming pep rally" she stutters looking between Aaron and I. Aaron smiles sadly at Cady showing he's hurt at the fact she's wearing Brooklyns hoodie. I care less about the fact that my boyfriend clearly has feelings for Cady and more about the fact she has Brooklyns hoodie. Cady is giving love sick puppy eyes to Aaron so I lean into him and push his hair out of his face looking at Cady. "Stop pushing it down... your hair looks so sexy pushed back" even I nearly vomited saying that. Turning to look at Cady as I push myself into him I say to her "Cady would you please tell him his hair looks sexy pushed back?". Cady smiles the fakest smile Iv ever seen and looks at Aaron "your hair looks sexy pushed back" before I press my lips to his, where I actually nearly vomit.