Let me in

Brooklyns PoV

"Brooklyn honey I promise you the minute she's awake for more than 10 seconds I'll phone you" Mrs George opens the door taking the basket from my arms. "Still nothing?" I ask feeling less and less hopeful each day. "She wakes up for a little bit but in that little time she doesn't make much sense Brooklyn ... the doctor is watching her closely. She's on really high pain medication he thinks it'll be a few days ok... come by after school if you want to but ... go to school and I'll phone you if anything changes" I smile sadly and turn round to walk to my car. "I'll phone you Brooklyn I promise" she shouts as I swing open the door and climb in.

Regina's PoV

Laying down in my bed in this stupid brace my mom walks in with another gift basket from Brooklyn. "She really wants to see you honey" my mom smiles as she takes a seat on the bed. "I can't face her yet mom. I can't ... she's going to dump me properly and ... I can't face that yet" I can feel the lump forming in my throat thinking about loosing her. "She's coming back after school ... I can't keep her away forever Regina... I ..." "I just need some time to get myself together mom ... she's going to dump me I know it... she basically did that day and she can't see me like this mom" my voice breaks feeling overwhelmed with everything. "Honey that girl loves you ... you didn't see the way she looked arriving at that hospital. She was distraught. All she wanted was you, I'm sure whatever happened yous will talk it out ... listen to your mom for once in your life Regina George... that girl that's been showing up here every day loves you, she's in love with you... and your in love with her so you fight for it... Iv told you this once and I'll tell you it every single time yous have an argument and you think about giving up...you've found your person honey ... don't push her away ... because I can't look at her anymore and tell her she can't see you" I smile sadly at my mom who stands up from the bed. "Let me know if you want to see her or not" my mom states before walking towards the door leaving the basket in front of me. Another basket filled with my favourite snacks and sodas.

Brooklyns PoV

"What class have you got next?" I slam closed my locker noticing some girls looking at me as I turn to Nat. "AP calc with Cady heron... I mean fucking yey" I groan leaning my head against the lockers. "I mean it could be worst..." Nat pats my shoulder pushing me round to walk. "How could it be worst exactly?" I ask ignoring the girls waving at me. "Well....i mean what about .... Well... yeh sorry Iv nothing that sucks" she laughs as we near my class. "Are you going to Regina's after school?" She asks as we stand outside the classroom door. "Yeh I need to speak to her... make sure she's ok. I need to hear her side of it" I say whilst looking at the ground. "Hey you don't owe anyone an explanation ... if you see her let her know I hope she's ok ... well as ok as you can be when hit by a moving bus" she tries to lighten the mood chuckling a bit at the end. "I will, I'll text you and let you know how I get on" I smile fist bumping her before walking into the room. The first thing I notice is Miss Norbury isn't in her normal chair. Cady is sitting looking guilty as hell and Aaron just looks annoyed. It's all turned on Cady these days ... I mean I don't believe she actually pushed Regina in front of the bus ... but ... you know ... can't be 100% certain. I take my seat as mr Duvall comes in sighing "alright... Miss Norbury is on a temporary leave of absence". "Jail" a girl I don't know shouts in the class, a few laughing with her as I scowl. "Hey... I heard that Miss Rockwell... anyways we are just gonna..." "I did it" Cady interrupts mr Duvall by standing up in the middle of class. My head shooting to look at her "I did it ... I wrote that Miss Norbury is a drug pusher and it's a lie". Mr Duvall looks so disappointed in Cady as he asks her to the front of the class. Everyone starts whispering as I watch him take her out of the room.

Arriving at Regina's door after school I spot the last person I ever thought I would see here. "Cady?" I ask watching her stand at the door holding flowers. "Em ... I ... I'm just going to leave these here I ..." she looks at me as I walk closer to her. "It wasn't Regina that wrote you into the burn book ... it was me, Regina told Gretchen and Gretchen told me when we finally managed to snap Gretchen. Regina didn't give me your hoodie ... I stole it to mess with her. I'm really sorry Brooklyn" she looks up at me tearful as she admits all her wrong doings. "I know everyone's saying you pushed Regina in front of the bus ... but ... I don't think you did. The fact you're owning up to your mistakes and apologising for it Cady means a lot. There's a lot of people who would do more than you have and never apologise for it. Thank you for telling me the truth... to be honest ... the real Cady ... the Cady that first arrived at north shore ... she seemed like a really good friend... is she coming back soon?" I smile slightly at her putting my hand out for her. "She's definitely coming back and I'm killing the other Cady" she laughs shaking my hand. "I mean ... maybe push her in front of a bus" we both laugh as Cady wipes away some tears. "I'll let her know you dropped by ... if I'm allowed in to see her, she's still a bit here and there so I'm not sure if I'll see her but ... I'll see you in calc in ... how many weeks suspension did you get?" I tease watching her roll her eyes. "Three weeks ... three deserved weeks for what I done to miss Norbury... and of course you Brooklyn" she looks down sadly again as I start walking around her and to the door. "Like I said ... fresh start and bring back the first Cady she seemed cool... bye Cady" I wave walking backwards to the door "bye Brooklyn".